Help !!! Engine light is on !!!

tan huynh

Please Help ! 07 Sprinter 3.0 V6 Diezel Engine light on !
I put scan on it read 2 code :
A. P101 Mass or volume air flow Circuit Range/performance
B. P242 F Exhaust Gas Tempurature sensor Circuit high_ bank 1 sensor 3 .

Please show me a dirrection to fix those problem ,Thank you so much Gentlemen ! :cheers:

Any advice is very appreciated !

psalm66

Tan - I don't know how to fix a Sprinter and cannot offer advice. I'm just making this post because our community has not offered any advice yet and I don't want you to get discouraged because of that. :cheers:

A. P101 Mass or volume air flow Circuit Range/performance
B. P242 F Exhaust Gas Tempurature sensor Circuit high_ bank 1 sensor 3 .

Any advice is very appreciated !
I didn't respond because I had no real experience or information. Search from the blue bar above and ye' shall find.

I found this:

Another DPF confusion - Code: Particulate filter is too high for regeneration
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14690&highlight=P242

Within that thread there was this:

"dealership code is 2626, generic OBD2 scanner code P242f"

Most, Maybe All NAFTA NCV3 2007 DTCs
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7614

"Guys has anyone thought that maybe the catalytic converter on these things could be getting plugged up. Everyone seems to be thinking the dpf is the issue. I was having the exact same issues and I keep getting code p242?"
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=130396&postcount=34

"On my van the same code was caused by a faulty temp sensor in the exhaust system that was fooling the computer so as regeneration was not taking place and the filter was getting "full." The fix was replacing the sensor and doing a manual regen to clean up the filter. No more codes and it ran for thousands of miles OK afterwards."
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=130416&postcount=36

If your exhaust is restricted it may also trigger that other "Mass or volume air flow Circuit Range/performance" Mass Air Flow code?:idunno:

Good luck. vic

Edit:
While updating my Codes thread I ran across this. It could be related????
From Sprintguy Carl single post:

Text:
Generic OBD II code p040D = P040D-EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION TEMPERATURE SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT HIGH

Gary : have all 4 exhaust gas temp sensors cleaned , most likely built up with soot

Carl

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=80483&postcount=22

Last edited:

tan huynh

Thanks Guys , When i need advice ,all i do is come here ,your guys are very helpful .Very appreciated !

Next questions : Where to locate those sensors ? how to do clearn up ? :idunno:

danski0224

As much as I hate to say it, I would take it to a dealer.

Unfortunately, tossing parts at it will get expensive- unless you get lucky.

tan huynh

Thank you Gentlemen , i like this web site too .
Ok here is what i did :
i bought the MaxAirFlow sensor and put it in and i am lucky bastard ...LOL the code P0101 is gone , drive great BUT the code P242F is still there , so my friend ( part department) show me there are 2 sensors 1. 02 sensor and 1. uptream sensor , My question is where can i buy those sensor online ? the dealer want 374$ for 02 sensor and 175 $ for the other one ,please show me where to order online ,very appreciated all the help from day 1 .
Tan Huynh
Owner /Vale Certified PDR Tech .

Last edited:

showkey

Hope you are lucky, but my guess is...........you are fixing the symptoms.........not the root cause of problem. Three components failing the same day same time, not likely. :thinking:

My guess is what others have stated another sensor has errors stopping regen or sooted exhaust dpf etc etc.

Sorry..............but you should be prepared :thinking:

tan huynh

Thanks , i went to the dealer ,i want to get it fix BUT the problem is they want 5 hrs ( 139$ /hr ) just to check what wrong ,i ask them how much to get it fix , they said : it is open RO !!! I can not afford to pay for that , they can charge up to 10.000$ ???? i was upset they want to hold my visa and do what ever they want in the end ...open RO ...it is scary .LOL .
That is why i come here to ask for help ,i brought the Van to the mechanic He told me it is a common problem of the MAF sensor . the part is 695 $ . i dont mind to pay them to fix as least i have a number of how much , i can not let them charge me what ever they want .
Thank you for your Guys help . i got the list of all the sensors ,i am upset about the dealer ,that is why i search online to get parts ,the Mechanic will fix the Van for me .

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Thanks , i went to the dealer ,i want to get it fix BUT the problem is they want 5 hrs ( 139$ /hr ) just to check what wrong ,i ask them how much to get it fix , they said : it is open RO !!! I can not afford to pay for that , they can charge up to 10.000$ ???? i was upset they want to hold my visa and do what ever they want in the end ...open RO ...it is scary .LOL .
That is why i come here to ask for help ,i brought the Van to the mechanic He told me it is a common problem of the MAF sensor . the part is 695 $ . i dont mind to pay them to fix as least i have a number of how much , i can not let them charge me what ever they want .
Thank you for your Guys help . i got the list of all the sensors ,i am upset about the dealer ,that is why i search online to get parts ,the Mechanic will fix the Van for me .
I live in your neighboUrhood... which dealer are you refering to?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Carter Dodge is not a reputable dealer, the service manager ( Ed Braconnier ) once told me "Hmmm... looks like you didn't buy your van from us and didn't get our Gold Plan neither, so we cannot quarantee how long your service will take. Maybe 4hrs, maybe 3 days. We will only start and continue repairs after we service van that are purchased with us or have Gold Plans first". Prick. The last time I inquired, then don't employ their Sprinter technicians anymore, as I'm guessing they cannot afford the wage structure, so they can't offer you experienced or informed service.

Furthermore, all the lower mainland Dodge/Chrysler service departments pay they service writers with salary & COMMISSIONs. They are not there to service you more than they are there to get their bonus. RUN! I was even extorted by them... one service writer (Michelle @ Langley Dodge) came to me and said "If you don't buy new tires from me, I cannot authorize or put forward any of the pending services that are under warranty". :wtf:
I nearly jumped the counter to strangle the F'n B'tch. Another time, the technician came to me in the parking lot and said "Don't be concerned about all the wording and additional charges that you we see on your workorder/invoice, it's the only way we can get Chrysler to pay for the warranty repairs." When, I got my paperwork they billed Chrysler Canada for over an additional $7k in UN-NECESSARY parts & repairs, some of which was never done!

Have the van serviced at MB Vancouver on Boundry, at $90 or $110/hr (I can't remember, but they explicitly set their price to be more competitive :thumbup: )

Last edited:

tan huynh

Thank you Sir , I feel better will some one understand my feeling ,i have not much exp in Diesel , gas engine i have some knowledge , i was willing to pay the ticket to get it fix ....
i will bring it to the dealer to get it fix ,1 more thing i did buy this Van in USA and brought it back to Canada , look like they dont like it too much .

Last edited:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Thank you Sir , I feel better will some one understand my feeling ,i have not much exp in Diesel , gas engine i have some knowledge , i was willing to pay the ticket to get it fix ....
i will bring it to the dealer to get it fix ,1 more thing i did buy this Van in USA and brought it back to Canada , look like they dont like it too much .
A dealer with a healthy mind and ethical practices shouldn't care where you purchased your vehicle. At this point you don't have a warranty, and why should that matter to them as you are a paying customer and they need your business. Right? If any of them act to the contrary, walk away.

Last edited:

Top Bottom