2011 Won't start

huggybeardive

Just stop for gas at St. Cloud Pilot travel center and never get my car start again. Burning starter 20A fuse I assume starter went south without saying goodbye. its 11.20 and Im waiting for towing truck. Keep you posted since car is two weeks old with 5300 miles on it. Sucks!

huggybeardive

MB set up towing to closest dealer and change faulty starter. I hope this was a first and last repair in long time. Repair cost zero!

1hen2ducks

2006 SHC & DAD owner
Which grade gas do you use ? You do use gas ? Or was that a typo ?

How does your mileage compare to an equal diesel rig's mileage?

I hope your starter is the last of the problems you'll see.

Just curious,
Mike

WDpriority

I had the same problem. Fortunately, i was at home on the weekend. was able to trace problem to blown 20amp starter motor fuse. User manual states it should be a 25amp fuse. I dropped in a 25amp fuse and its been working fine since. Then i talked it over with my local MBS dealer. They say there have been issues with the started motor which should operate fine with a 20amp fuse. I will be sending in the van to get the starter motor replaced when i have the time.

huggybeardive

Re: 2011 Won't start AGAIN!

My van died again this time is cranking and won't start. Waiting for towing. Very angry. Two towings in two weeks. Bought this van on march 27th and dont know what to do. I thought Mercedes is more reliable!

Two more times:frown: and you will be looking for "lemon law buyback".
As has been said, document, document, document. Review the laws so you know what the triggers are. An internet search should give you the basics even before getting a lawyer. I'm not generally in favor of litigation as a solution, but you should feel comfortable about the reliability of a new vehicle. Not feeling that way adds unnecessary stress to your life. Good luck. vic

huggybeardive

I spend 4 hours at the dealership. Was told two guys worked on it and found burn fuse No.6 from fuel pump. Fuse has been replaced and off I went. Two hours and 20 miles later truck did same thing. I bought fuses on gas station and two of them burn rightaway after I turn key in ignition.
So third time in two weeks I'm waiting for towing!
Refused bring flatbed and towing me by front axel, I hope its OK?
Can't imagine driving 3-5 thousand miles a week doing delivery with thinking about getting stranded in woods

showkey

They found the problem but not the root cause. Its not bad fuses, did they trace the fuel pump wiring and or replace the pump???

Did they measure amperage in the fuel pump circuit and compare to KNOWN GOOD.
First guess bad fuel pump.
Second guess wiring is pinched, crushed or compromised wiring with an intermittent contact to ground (short).

Four times no start and tow in, you are we'll on your way to a replacement vehicle. If you like the van time to get MB factory rep and MB field engineering to get involved fix the van.

The lemon law can be slow process, but 4 tow in is totally unreasonable. 4 times in Illinois for the same problem is enough for lemon law.

Last edited:

huggybeardive

Was told wires leading to fuel pump where pinched to body making shortcut. Took them all day to find it out. Already lost 3 days in service and lots of nerves. Car was bought on March 27 and towed 3 times.

Top Bottom