Model identification

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Looking to buy my first Sprinter next week and have a question about the model details.
It's listed as a 2004 316CDI High Roof LWB, 5 speed automatic but the picture of the dashboard doesn't look like any other similar vans I've found online.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the significance of this style?

Regards
Geoff

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Automatic transmission has that center console. You might be used to seeing a standard tranny interior.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Full automatic your model designation for this particular transmission is W5A-380
Note: the ratios are different to the NAG1 but the overall design is as similar.
It will need to have the pan dropped cleaned and inspected and the correct MB oil reinstated this can be done locally. The oil was made for life! But it does have a use by date and it's expired. Records will show if it's been done ,if not then it can wait need to test drive it to assert all is well. PS we don't use U,S oils only MB.
Altered State Communications Hypoid oils trans and diff copy.jpg
Richard.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
PS: there is no EGR valve, resonator muffler to worry about, nor SCR primary catalytic convetor proir to mains exhaust.
Oil for Tas 0W-40 full synthetic if you want instant starts for Winter.
Other wise 15W-40 Mobil devlac or similar Castrol has them in the Diesel magnetic range.previously BP Vanelus G6 Global.
Fushe is available at STP Hobart another brand to consider. in the Cargo range of oils for Sprinters.
Richard.DSC01652 (Custom).JPG

autostaretx

Erratic Member
We might also ask "what's different?" (compared to your expectations)

Compared to my 2005 USA model, yours is:
(a) reversed left-to-right (USA vs UK)
(b) has a wide passenger seat, so you don't have the lower "cup holder" under the central console

Your heater control cluster is the "simpler" model (probably no fuel-fired Boost heater)

--dick

Top Bottom