Saying hello brings me here with a problem

DavidH

I don't know where to start this story other than saying hello to all the Australian Sprinter drivers owners and mechanics on this forum. The amount of knowledge on this site I find incredible.

A month or so ago I met glenview265 near the shop at Wattleglen, in Melbourne's East by asking how he finds the 313. He told me about this forum and its Australian links. I've been hanging around for a while as a guest and because of you guys I thought I would give my truck another go.

I purchase my 2003 313cdi cab chassis new from Knox Star. Its done 295000k with a number of problems along the way. The vehicle has been park up next to my shed for six months without its 4.1m tray, toolboxes and crane, these now have a 2005 npr200 Isuzu under them which is a dinosaur compared to Sprinter. The Sprinter is on it's second engine which had done 150000k when it went in at 252000k. We have spent well over 30k on repairs over years. Which is why wife hates it so much.

I gave up on it about six months ago after a series of brake downs involving stopping on a Monday at the bottom of Eastlink tunnel at 8am and in other peak hour traffic, tow trucks and more money to mechanics. It was described by the mechanic as an intermittent injector wiring loom problem. It gives a code for injector number two failure and shuts the engine down and will not start again. Three times it has been put on a tow truck not going, to be driven off at the other end. The mechanic hasn't been able to replicate the problem. I have had the intake manifold off on the side of the road on numerous occasions, rattling wiring and pipes which works. The problem is on top of the motor around the injectors somewhere, I just can,t narrow it down.

I dont know what I asking but is the injector wiring replaceable or does the whole engine loom need to replaced.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Its still a good vehicle that I love driving especially when compared to an Isuzu but I can't keep throwing money at it.

Thanks

Cheers David

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi David:Wiring faults can be traced . But I'm a hard rock critter that needs a full diagnostic printout for status filter and codes stored and present,to comment.
DA.JPG
Richard

Kuba8

Hi David,

I'm a mechanical noob but I know who can help. Try and take the van to Eurostar Diesel in Hallam if you haven't already. Simon over there only does Sprinters and Vitos he really knows his stuff. He can run diagnostics and let you know exactly what needs to be done.

Jakub

Eric Experience

David.
I would like to have a look for the problem, Where is the vehicle? Give me a call 0428 392077, I am near Berwick. Eric.

DavidH

Thanks for the fast replies,Jakub Simon has been looking after the vehicle for about a year and a half after Diesel Tech put the new motor in it after what I think was a couple of miss diagnostics'. Don't think Simon had the time to spend on it. The vehicle is in Gruyere just behind Coldstream unregistered and no tray.
I put a battery in it tonight, turned the key 4 times and it was purring. Drives really well but not much traction without any tray.

Eric Ill give you call Sunday afo and we'll work something out.

Once again thank you

Top Bottom