Glow plug P codes

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
This winter I have been working on a project close to home. So I drive only a few blocks in the early morning.
I throw P codes if I shut the motor off, when I restart later. I get P0380 and P0674. Sometimes it is P0673.
These are all glow plug related. I do wait to start.
If I let the rig idle and warm up when I arrive at the job site, things go fine.
What could be doing this?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Aqua Vic ran the codes up on his threads but not the sequence to each specific code.
If no one answers by night fall I'll run them up.
Cheers Richard

but not the sequence to each specific code.
Cheers Richard
:idunno: You got me again Richard.

Going to this Aqua Vic thread

[Is that like aquavit (Akvavit or akevitt)??]

DTC Light Trouble Code DRB OBD List Info
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5369

Using the ctrl and F keys together to get to page search...

I got this after using the various numbers on all three pages.
P0380 Glow Plug Circuit Perf

P0380 Intake Air Heater Relay No. 1 Control Circuit or

P0674 Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit

P0673 Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit

The P0380 is apparently one of those codes which has multiple identities on the list. I'd figure it's related to glow plugs until you test and find something different.

You may have problems with #3 and $4 glow plug circuit, or maybe not. The glow plug fault identity design in T1N's is notoriously inaccurate. It needs to be verified using Doktor A's jumper wire and 20 amp fuse test method among other test procedures.

Maybe once the engine is warm you don't get codes because the glow plugs aren't called upon to work?

Hope this does some good. vic

Last edited:

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
I only get the codes when stoping it when very cold. Not cold of air, but cold of engine. Running for less than 10 minutes and shutting off.
I did have a low battery at 10.5 volts, 9 when cranking, when it happened the first time. So I did think it was a battery issue. But it popped up again this week when I forgot and shut off the engine.

Top Bottom