Removing contacts for powering the electronic door locks

Kuba8

Hi Guys,
My sprinter has some heavy panel damage to the rear left quarter panel and sliding door. I managed to purchase a used sliding door on eBay for 50 bucks but it does not have the contacts for powering the electronic door locks.

All the holes are in the right place and it looks exactly as my door apart from the wires used for central locking and contacts. I had a look today and I'm pretty confident that I can safely remove all the bits and pieces from my old door and fit it to the new one apart from the contacts. There seems to be no way to get behind the things and Im not really sure how to safely remove them.

Can someone please let me know how to safely remove the contacts and are there anything other things that I should look out while doing this job. Thanks in advance.
:cheers:
Jakub

Eric Experience

Jakub.
The contacts are held in with plastic tabs on both sides, you will notice a slightly narrower part in the plate, this is where you compress the tab with a fine blade, A small screw driver ground to a sharp blade will do it. You willl have to change the lock,to get the inner lock of you have to drill a small hole in the plastic plug that hides the screw, use a sharp piont wood screw to pull the plug. Eric.

Kuba8

Thanks Eric, thats the exactly the info I need:bounce: . Hopefully l will finally get the door done this weekend.

:cheers:

Jakub

Top Bottom