PDA

View Full Version : ESP light?????

K-9 SPRINTER
03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
I pulled out of my driveway,same as I do all the time, and noticed my ESP light was on? :eek: (no rain ,snow)(no messages) I stopped to snap a pic. even not moving the light was on? it did go off after I shut off the engine and restarted. Do I have an problem in the making ????

72chevy4x4
03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
any chance was that your rig driving through Delaware/I95 a couple of weekends ago?

SRT
03-19-2011, 03:30 AM
My ESP light comes on after I drive a mile or so, and stays on.

I had the front end aligned by a Dodge dealer... everything was fine, no light... but later I noticed that the truck was "dogtracking" a little. As it turned out, the little "nub" that positions the rear axle on the leaf spring had broken on the driver's side... so the front end had been aligned while the rear was not aligned. I corrected the rear end alignment by measuring from the front spring eye to the housing, and moving the driver's side of the axle back (a little over an inch) to make it match the passenger side. This solved one problem, but created another - the front end is still aligned properly, with no weird tire wear, but the steering wheel is pointing to about 11 o'clock. As a result, the steering wheel position sensor throws a code, and trips the light.

It's really no big deal for me, unless I am in a situation where I need the diff to lock. In that case I restart the truck, and everything is normal again until I get a few miles down the road.

It could be your steering wheel position sensor, a yaw sensor, or an alignment problem.

K-9 SPRINTER
03-19-2011, 05:41 AM
any chance was that your rig driving through Delaware/I95 a couple of weekends ago? No, but I was on I95 going to the medowlands arena a couple of weekends ago (comming from the GWB)

My ESP light comes on after I drive a mile or so, and stays on.

I had the front end aligned by a Dodge dealer... everything was fine, no light... but later I noticed that the truck was "dogtracking" a little. As it turned out, the little "nub" that positions the rear axle on the leaf spring had broken on the driver's side... so the front end had been aligned while the rear was not aligned. I corrected the rear end alignment by measuring from the front spring eye to the housing, and moving the driver's side of the axle back (a little over an inch) to make it match the passenger side. This solved one problem, but created another - the front end is still aligned properly, with no weird tire wear, but the steering wheel is pointing to about 11 o'clock. As a result, the steering wheel position sensor throws a code, and trips the light.

It's really no big deal for me, unless I am in a situation where I need the diff to lock. In that case I restart the truck, and everything is normal again until I get a few miles down the road.

It could be your steering wheel position sensor, a yaw sensor, or an alignment problem.
I see your in Bowling green.. Ill be there in 2 weeks http://2011awdf.com/ :cheers:

72chevy4x4
03-19-2011, 04:17 PM
It's really no big deal for me, unless I am in a situation where I need the diff to lock. In that case I restart the truck, and everything is normal again until I get a few miles down the road

if the alignment is still w/in warranty period, take it back and they should fix the wheel issue-involves turning one tie rod out and the other side in...shouldn't they have caught the back wheels being out (if they had sensors on all four wheels while up on the rack)?