Maintenance on Sliding Door Lock

PeterInSa

During our recent trip to Tassie, had intermittent trouble with unlocking the sliding door with the remote, thought it was due to Tassies' colder weather. Today, like an hour ago, decided to check out the problem, after some CRC and some door shuting and openong not only will the remote not open the door but neither will the key, so am worse off. The remote however will still lock the sliding door.

I cannot see how the sliding door gets battery to lock or unlock the door via the remote?

When you use the remote the sliding door handle twitches both locking and unlocking

I cannot see how when the door is shut/locked the door is held in position, so you cannot open it

There appears to be micro switch halfway up the door pillar, when I press this in with the door open to fool the system into think the door is shut, still nothing happens?

There is a round circle rubber ring about half way up the door that may be a magnetic micro switch also in the circuit, have not put a piece of metal up to that to see if that has any affect.

There is a 1inch vertical slot by 1/4 inch wide above the door handle on the locking side of the door that may mean something.

Since I attempted to fix the lock the key which could previously unlock the sliding door now simply turns, will now not lock or unlock the door, we now have to open the passenger door and put your hand in to open the sliding door from inside, how uncool is that.

Any constructive comments appreciated

Peter

Eric Experience

Peter.
The door lock is at the back of the door and the handle is at the front, so the handle is connected to the lock with a steel wire in a plastic tube. The electric lock is connected to the controller by the two brass contacts on the back edge of the door, the other two brass contacts are for the micro swith which tells the controller the door is locked. If you clean these brass contacts the door will probably be OK. Eric.

Top Bottom