I'm trying to keep my RS bath doors open

mowog

at different positions, mostly closed but sometimes from slightly open to 90 degrees. I'm trying to get a little more room in the bathroom but not have the doors flapping around. I'm thinking a window or door friction stay, but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks, Bob

gkim

at different positions, mostly closed but sometimes from slightly open to 90 degrees. I'm trying to get a little more room in the bathroom but not have the doors flapping around. I'm thinking a window or door friction stay, but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks, Bob
Bob, I just hook a couple bungee cords to the towel bar and pull around to either the TV arm on one side, or the seat belt arm on the other. It holds the door open while showering or when actually using the bathroom. It also blocks reflection of the mirror to the rear window if using the toilet.

mowog

I used a small bungee

hooked to the stove drawer, but was looking for something a little more elegant where I could have the doors maybe open 45 degrees or so for elbow room. For now I think I will use your suggestion and stick to bungees. I'd rather not start drilling holes anywhere. I didn't think about the towel bars- maybe something can be attached to them to give me the opening I am looking for.

Thanks, Bob

mowog

I bent a large diameter (8 gauge) copper wire

in the shape of a staple with each bend about an inch high. I haven't finalized the length of the top part of the "staple". One downward end goes into the inside hole where the clasp would close the door from the inside, and the other end goes into the eye where the clasp is attached. This keeps the door open enough to pass by, but gives extra room inside. Very simple, extremely cheap, and no extra holes drilled anywhere. Each door can move a little which is OK for now. I keep it in the toothpaste/brush drawer.

Bob

Top Bottom