How to remove sideview mirrors - 08 Dodge 2500 Sprinter

Smitty2001

Just got a new work truck. Side view marker indicator was smashed and i'm trying to swap it out. I popped the big mirror off already and removed the electrical connectors. I can't figure out how to remove the smaller mirror on the bottom. I've already read this link - https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4870 But i gave up on step 3&4 because i couldn't figure out how to remove the electrical connector there.... There has to be a way... Thanks

I got it done... thanks.

Last edited:

IslandGuy

I cracked the turn signal lens on my 08 3500 MH chassis. Has anyone purchased just the turn signal lens?
Thanks,
Jim

Happy

But i gave up on step 3&4 because i couldn't figure out how to remove the electrical connector there.... There has to be a way... Thanks I got it done... thanks.[/QUOTE said:
Step 3&4 have me baffled to - that connector is wedged in there really hard... how'd you do it?

AKent

Re: How to remove sideview mirrors - 2014 MB 2500 Sprinter

I had the driver side "blinker lamp" lens broken by a rock, so I picked up the replacement at the MB dealer ($61.95 US + tax). It appears the outside mirrors have been redesigned for recent model years. The directions for removing the mirror from 2008-2011 era by sliding the flat mirror up, and removing the convex mirror by sliding it toward the door, do not work. The lower convex mirror is now mounted on a ball joint. To remove the mirror, just pull it straight out, popping it off the ball. Unhook the two heater wires and set the mirror aside.
Then, to replace the blinker lamp lens assembly, remove the two lower T-20 Torx screws. One is behind the convex mirror. The other screw can be accessed by angling the upper flat mirror toward the window. Now there will be enough flex in the plastic bezel and housing to allow removal of the light assembly. Swap the bulb into the new lens assembly, reassemble, and you are done.
(By the way, I never did figure out how to remove the flat remote adjustable mirror.)

ColoradoTom

The large mirror just pops off. It does not slide up just pull it towards you. Be careful as the glass frame is very flexible and will allow the glass to flex so much it breaks easily

showkey

The large mirror just pops off. It does not slide up just pull it towards you. Be careful as the glass frame is very flexible and will allow the glass to flex so much it breaks easily
^^^^^^^^^
Not on mine..........big mirror slides up........small slides towards the door.

Kevin.Hutch

2011 Mercedes 313 906
I have an Aussie 2011 906/313 I just gave up on either up or across removal and stuck flat mirrors over the top of the distorted ones.

I could not be happier now I can judge distance in my mirrors.

Kevin H

Roadtrekguy

Confirming what others have stated: on my 2008 dodge 2500 sprinter the small convex mirror could only be removed by sliding it towards the door.

Top Bottom