Out with the old, In with the new

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
Frank

Can you post more pictures?

With the exception of the double slider option that looks like what I ordered.

Did you get the crew seat too?

Thanks

Tom

AHAMAYfrank

Ordered03, Owned04, Now07
Tom,

By the time I realized I wanted the crew seat it was too late to change my order. Same goes for LCQ convenience lighting. No one could tell me it included the rear headliner panels including DC. :bash: I have since ordered the panels from the parts department. Checks in the mail!!

Great Van but pretty stock, for now.

Frank

Attachments

SprinterUSA1

Tom,

By the time I realized I wanted the crew seat it was too late to change my order. Same goes for LCQ convenience lighting. No one could tell me it included the rear headliner panels including DC. :bash: I have since ordered the panels from the parts department. Checks in the mail!!

Great Van but pretty stock, for now.

Frank

Frank,

do your rear doors swing 270 degrees or do they stop before they hit the sliding door?

SprinterUSA1

AHAMAYfrank

In the side shot in my last post the rear doors are against the magnetic stops, so it’s not quite 270° and clears the side sliders that open a good bit farther. The shot below shows the stops on the side as well as on the door (and the fat guy running the camera).

Frank

Attachments

SprinterUSA1

In the side shot in my last post the rear doors are against the magnetic stops, so it’s not quite 270° and clears the side sliders that open a good bit farther. The shot below shows the stops on the side as well as on the door (and the fat guy running the camera).

Frank

They must have attached the magnets differently then or else the hinges swing different. On mine (170 WB) the back doors are almost parallel to the side panels when open. They do not stick out as much as yours.

SprinterUSA1

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
Frank

that is nice... I called today and I am still in D status, no Vin, no
delivery date.

Could you repost a picture of the window sticker with just the left half showing?

When did you order yours?

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Erico,

that's the new "short" sprinter just like how the old 118 didn't have 270 degree doors

The NCV3 Sprinters sure are big...

Cheers
George

AHAMAYfrank

Tom,

I ordered in February, near the end I think. I have a specific date at work I can post. The van actually came in a couple weeks ago, but I just picked it up on Saturday 7/28.

On my 2004 (blue one in the first post) the rear doors opended around to near flat. Because the side doors open so much farther it looks like they lengthened the stops on the 2007 to prevent contact.

Here is a better shot of the sticker.

Frank

Attachments

Last edited:

SprinterUSA1

Erico,

that's the new "short" sprinter just like how the old 118 didn't have 270 degree doors

The NCV3 Sprinters sure are big...

Cheers
George

George,

yeah, but I cannot figure out how they make them stop so far out so that they do not bump into the slider. Everything seems identical with my setup. Maybe they used longer studs on the magnets? :idunno: Somebody was thinking anyway. :thinking:

And yes those doors are ginormous. Measured the opening width on the slider today. 51"--I remember something like 42" or so on the T1N. Everything got bigger. A bit thirsty this V6 also. If I am cruising along at not more than 60mph the computer averaged 20.6mpg. Not to bad. But who wants to stay in the right lane all the time. If I increase the speed a bit there goes the mileage. Will have to see what happens after a few thousand miles. The Germans are reporting dicrease of fuel consumption after a while. I will stay optimistic and easy on the throttle.:smirk:

SprinterUSA1

SprinterUSA1

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
Frank

It looks like you have 2 steering wheels or they double charged you.

22B includes the lux wheel but I see a line item for it too...

Tom

AHAMAYfrank

Tom,

I ordered the 2007 February 15th and it arrived at the dealership July 10th.

When I went to pick up the New Sprinter I gave them one of the two steering wheels I paid for so I only have one left. :thinking: I looked back on my order from February and 22B was $650 and SCK lux wheel was an additional $250. I don’t know why I didn’t catch that on the original order. On the window sticker 22B is $900 and SCK lux wheel an additional $250. This is all kind of strange. I also ordered CKZ Rear Floor Mat for $200 that I didn’t get. Maybe a conflict with lashing rails in the floor, but they let us order it. Because of no mat I also lost lights in the sliding door footwells.

Frank

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
Frank, here is my order sheet for a similar van, 22B is a 900 item. I would guess that yours was a very early custom order and they made a mistake. Hope you get your $250 back.

If your chasing lights I'm looking at High Power Luxon or Cree Led lights for the interior and maybe the doors. Can you send a picture of the the inside of one of the cargo dome lights? In the next 3 weeks I will gather up what I found and post it for Seek to look at.

Tom

tab380

The Drain Doctor
My 07 came in without the partion with window and over head bin but was still on the window sticker.:bash: The dealer took a partion with window out of another van and traded it out. I got a trailer hitch for free from the salesman though.:thumbup:

AHAMAYfrank

Tom,

Here is a picture of the back of the stock cargo light. It just clips into the body hole similar to my 2004.

I have been working diligently to change the inside of the van to meet my needs. The hardest thing so far is finding information. My dealer’s parts department is not too helpful with non-stock items, although they were very helpful ordering the standard headliner for the cargo area. It should be here early next week.

I have the factory-towing package that no one could tell me anything about. On my 04 I had the dealer install an electric brake controller for me and they had to run a wire from the hitch plug to the controller even with the factory-towing package. This time they couldn’t get to it right away, so I started my investigation during my inverter installation to my auxiliary battery.

Long story short is that I found a loose 4-wire plug under the driver seat that has all I need for a controller. During a lunchtime search of the vast information superhighway I found Mercedes part numbers for the mating plug and connectors. I found the parts in stock at a local dealer :bow:, so once I get the controller I ordered it should be plug and play.

Back to my auxiliary battery. The disconnect relay is under the drivers seat so I direct wired my 110volt 750 watt inverter with a 175 amp fusable link that I found at an auto parts store. It fits nicely in the little recess at the back of the seat base facing the cargo area. From the factory the only thing hooked to the auxiliary battery is the accessory plug on the drivers seat base. I would like to hook other plugs and lights in the cargo area to my aux battery using the factory Mercedes fuse block. There are many, many open slots but only plastic holders with no additional metal connectors. The one fused accessory plug is three fuses wide on the voltage input side, but the output side has only the one metal connector to the existing fuse. The other two slots are plastic only. And my question is? Does anyone have a way to determine Mercedes part numbers for these connectors??? Based on the $20 I paid for my brake controller plug Mercedes is pretty proud of their parts but that’s o.k. Hooking to the stock fuse panels would be a really clean way to hook up all my stuff and that is what I would prefer.

Thanks, Frank

Attachments

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
Long story short is that I found a loose 4-wire plug under the driver seat that has all I need for a controller. During a lunchtime search of the vast information superhighway I found Mercedes part numbers for the mating plug and connectors. I found the parts in stock at a local dealer :bow:, so once I get the controller I ordered it should be plug and play.
Frank

From the above you it looks like you are going to start the definitive NCV3 electric brake controller thread.

Thanks for the fixture pic. It looks like there is plenty of room for a high out put LED light kit in the existing housings.

Something like this for the lights http://www.oznium.com/led-domelight or http://www.taskled.com/dome.html . By the time my van actually arrives I may find some other replacements.

there is a ongoing discussion of them at http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17148

Tom

Last edited:

AHAMAYfrank

Frank,
do your rear doors swing 270 degrees or do they stop before they hit the sliding door?

SprinterUSA1
Looks like a picture of a 144 (courtesy of lespaint2) with one sliding door tells the story. Left bumper on this van appears to be a bit shorter than the right one, so I guess the left door swings around tight to the side, while the right one stops short to clear the sliding door.

Frank

Attachments

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Frank

Something like this for the lights http://www.oznium.com/led-domelight or http://www.taskled.com/dome.html . By the time my van actually arrives I may find some other replacements.

there is a ongoing discussion of them at http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17148

Tom

Has anyone found the ultimate LED kit to fit in the T1N rear domes and the front map light? In the front, I have the middle grade light with maplight, but I have seen in the manual that there is a 2 directional map light with 2 independent switches for both driver and passenger. Can anyone comment if this light is good or not? I may order one from the dealer if it is good?

Cheers,

Tibor

AHAMAYfrank

I picked up my van July 28 and today I finally received this check. :thumbup:

If anyone read through all this stuff you can see I was charged twice for the Luxury Steering Wheel. It took many phone calls, talking to DC and to everyone at the dealership, to get this taken care of, but four months later I got most of the $250. When I finally talked to the HR manager (not sure why) he looked at the window sticker and said “you paid for it twice, I’ll take care of it”. Go figure!! :thinking:

Frank

Attachments

Top Bottom