Charge Air Intake

cdman1674

I have a split in the hose on a 2004 and I am having trouble finding the part number and any other information on the hose. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Chris

cdman1674

Sorry,
O.K. after searching around the part number is 05120147aa. It is listed as a coolant hose in my manual. Can anyone give me any info on changing it? Will i need any special tools? Any help will be appreciated!

quickhitch11

quickhitch11
Hi Chris,
I.m not sure if it's the same part or not but my 2005 2500 had a split in the top of the air hose that ran from the outlet of the intercooler to the engine intake. It has a retaining ring that holds it in place at the top. When mine failed, it would send the engine into limp mode. Did you have any problems like that? Chris

bc339

The upper hose is very easy to change with a standard flat bladed screwdriver. The hose should arrive as an assembly of the lower hose from the intercooler, a plastic section that mounts to the radiator support and the upper hose. You can change the entire assembly (more involved) or just the upper section - a hose clamp and a clip ring at the intake.
If you opt to change the entire assembly (the bottom hose will eventually split), I would recommend you remove the left headlight to access the plastic tube and lower hose that you'll change. You'll have to remove the MAP sensor and Air Intake temp sensor/heater and install in the new tube, access the torx mount fasteners and the lower hose clamp at the intercooler.
Sounds like alot, but it's very easy.

Bruce

Top Bottom