OM 642 warranty

slowstride

As I read it, in the sprinter warranty book, my 2010 Roadtrek (2008 Freightliner chassis) which was first sold in March 2010 has a warranty for the emission system and a majority of engine components of 100,000 miles or 5 years, which ever comes first. That would mean that the mercedes part of our van is warranted until March 2015. Please correct me if I am wrong.....

wayneskid

You are correct but there is something to be aware of re. warranties on Sprinter conversions. My Class B is an Airstream, also on a Freightliner 2008 chassis. In my case the warranty started on the date the Sprinter was delivered to Airstream. The time between the delivery date to AS (5/6/08) and the delivery date to me (4/19/10) was almost 2 years during which time the warranty clock was running. You can get your Freightliner dealer to pull up the vehicle summary report on your Sprinter to see what your start date is. In my case, I had to hammer on the Airstream dealer to get them to submit the paperwork (AS calls it a Delayed Warranty Start form) to MB/Freightliner to "reset" the warranty start to the date of delivery to me. It took 2 months of prodding to get this done. Your Roadtrek dealer should be able to do this for you if they haven't already. In any case you should verify it by getting the vehicle summary report.

PM me if you have questions. :cheers:

Wayne

Last edited:

psalm66

I just picked up a new 2010 Sportsmobile conversion. The warranty started the day I picked up the van (Freightliner branded) in January, 2011, not the date it was delivered to the Freightliner dealer (September 2010); nor on the date the van was delivered to Sportsmobile (October 2010). Not sure of the reason but that's the way it happened for us. :hmmm:

Mrdi

Same note, different song.
I purchased my 2008 144cargo new in late 2009 from a Dodge Dealer in the Sacramento area. When I took it to the MB Dealer in Southern Cal., the So Cal MB Dealer told me that the warranty began when MB sold the Sprinter to Dodge !!!!!
There was some adjustment to that statement after severe discussion.
I would take it the MB Dealer you intend to have service your vehicle and have this discussion.

Last edited:

Top Bottom