PDA

View Full Version : sprinter 412d 1997 sliding side door will not open

idw
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
hi guys
i have a sprinter 412d 1997 and the sliding side door will not open.(only individual manual lock... no central locking or powered door)
initially i had trouble when it was cold and thought it was the rubber seal that had frozen so put a chisel in behind the door and eased it out and it opened.
now it is warm the door is shut firm and will not budge! even with the chisel trick....
the handle and wire are all working as they should right down to the mechanism at the rear of the door and as you pull the handle it all performs as it should except no click at the end and of course the door opening!
i have sprayed everything with gt85 and tried to move the mechanism manually from the inside but it won't move.
i can't find any information on this or any other forum regarding this problem or a way to manually override the lock to open the door.
has anyone got any ideas? otherwise i'm going to have to wait until may for the haynes manual to come out!!!
cheers..... ioan

hkpierce
02-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Sounds like 1) your cable is disconnected from the latch - or not achieving the full range of motion; or
2) the nylon back-up safety mechanism has become disengaged (see pictures on post 3 from here: http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14026&highlight=latch), thus keeping the dogs in the closed position.