211 CDI 2.2 EGR replacement

onacan-

Hello , does anybody know how to replace the EGR on a 2008 211 CDI Sprinter 2.2, I saw that there is an inlet coolant, has what should I be careful? should you purge the cooling system, I do not really want to improper handling, if so can it be canceled mechanically by placing a plate or sheet?

Thanks

onacan-

by removing I made a mistake and I removed the screw hole with T30, and now the car is not moving quickly, is there a sense winding for electric motor of the EGR? thank you

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Since no one's answered your posting, I'm going to.... keep in mind that this is a wild guess:

I suspect you removed something that actuates the EGR valve position, and/or provides feedback to the CDI controller (Engine Control Module if you're a Canadian or an American).

Your symptoms sound like RPM limiting imposed by the CDI controller because the status of the EGR (duty percentage or position) can't be controlled or determined by the CDI contoller.

Post a picture of the parts you adjusted and hopefully someone more qualified than I can help you out.

-Jon

onacan-

thank you for your reply but I went into a dealership and replace the EGR it to me was the old block, and when I feel I have aggravate things, this adventure cost me € 500 with 316.000 Km , for 2008 which is a bit much , the meter is the first time I made great sprinter to repair the part of the viscous fan which I replaced myself and that cost me € 150 I am still happyI think I will predict the change tensioners and service belt , I think I'm going MB STAR order a C4 so I'll be more independent we will say , i would like more advice on the MB star

thanks

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I was under the impression that EGR valve failures were most common in America and Canada.

Many of us in the US and Canada have had failed EGR valves, including me.

I'm sorry to hear that yours failed too.

I'm not sure what you mean by MB STAR or ordering a C4.

Can you explain further?

-Jon

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
That's a Chinese scan tool. I don't think any member has written about having purchased such a unit. If you do, please let us know how it works for you and in which country your Sprinter was sold.

Good luck!

-Jon

onacan-

I am inquiring about the price a bit right now, it costs $ 500 is really the tool shop at mercedes copy, with all functions as a concession and in addition there are also all free catalog Parts, Service Manual Workshop ... I am from Belgium my Sprinter 211 2.2 CDI is a 80 Kw of April 2008 totaled 320,000 km, now I'll let you know
:cheers:

Top Bottom