"Homemade" suspension seat idea

larryg

Ran into this while poking around for nonexistent used Sprinter suspension seats.

http://www.wiseseats.com/wise_ind_suspen_846.html

This base is available from Northern Tool for a few hundred bucks (an air ride version is on the wiseseats website also). Anybody think this is a viable do it yourself project worth trying? At first glance I know I would have to make a new lower base to attach this to so it would be level. Haven't measured anything yet, too cold outside!

mendonsy

You will run into a BIG problem with all the electrical stuff that is now under the driver's seat. Relocating it will be a LOT of work.:2cents:

larryg

Thanks mendonsy, should have been painfully obvious :thinking: I'll go out and look today, but seems like a deal killer :frown:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
The seat in my Sprinter is height adjustable. The low setting is about 4 inches and I don't know what the high setting is. You could probably get away with it seeing that the low setting is 3 inches.

I have a subwoofer underneath my driver's seat and an inverter underneath the passenger, so the innards could probably fit in that space.

I know Simon (mean_in_green) has sold some suspension seats that did not require replacing/removing the seat pedestals.

Top Bottom