timing cover help

briggie

2007 3.0 diesel
i am having a problem removing the timing cover on a 2007 3.0 sprinter, something is holding it on with all the screws removed anyone ever removed one before

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
i am having a problem removing the timing cover on a 2007 3.0 sprinter, something is holding it on with all the screws removed anyone ever removed one before
Have you removed the 5 bolts on the bottom holding it to the oil sump?

The cover has no gasket but rather a bead of sealant and some versions may still have the lower alignment bushings in place. All this makes it difficult to pry off.

Doktor A

briggie

2007 3.0 diesel
yes i removed the bolts on bottom, i can move it maybe a 1/4" but something is still holding it there, where are these alignment bushings at?

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
yes i removed the bolts on bottom, i can move it maybe a 1/4" but something is still holding it there, where are these alignment bushings at?
At the very bottom, at the interface to the block. I am curious, why are you (attempting) removing the timing cover?

Doktor A

briggie

2007 3.0 diesel
the cover is behind the serpentine belt and pulleys,, the cover in front of the timing chain, the 2 little pulleys went bad and i did not know they had caps on with screws behind them, i thought they were pressed on to the cover,, so i started taking the cover off now it will not come off only pull out maybe a 1/4" is all,, so i have to remove the cover now to get it resealed

Top Bottom