Sprinter Running Problem

groupbquattro

Hi All
I have a 2002 sprinter 208 with an intermittent running problem which causes it to stall and has difficulty restarting. I am looking at the live data on the SOLUS including the PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE which when its good is around 18% but just before it stalls rises to 24%. I want to see the pressure in the fuel rail but i cant find it in the menus. I can find INTAKE AIR PRESSURE which is around 400 BAR. I cant imagine any air pressure at 400 BAR? Could this be the rail pressure incorrectly labelled? If so it seems a little low for a common rail system?

(its has the fuel pressure sensor, fuel pressure control valve, and injection loom repaired over the engine mount, by Mercedes Dealer with no success) The injectors all test the same when doing the return leak off test when fitted to the van. I have removed the injectors for bench testing on Tuesday.)

Any ideas ?:idunno:

Thanks,
Glen.

leshchuk

Low Pressure Fuel Pump (in the gas tank) most likely needs to be replaced. I had few Sprinters in my garage with same symptoms, and that fixed the deal.

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
There is no fuel pump in the gas tank on the 2002 models. The fuel pump is on the engine and it sucks fuel from the tank.

You may have a clogged fuel filter. Also look to see if there are any air bubbles in the clear plastic line coming into the fuel filter from the engine - you make have issues with the hose clamps.

lindenengineering

Hi All
I have a 2002 sprinter 208 with an intermittent running problem which causes it to stall and has difficulty restarting. I am looking at the live data on the SOLUS including the PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE which when its good is around 18% but just before it stalls rises to 24%. I want to see the pressure in the fuel rail but i cant find it in the menus. I can find INTAKE AIR PRESSURE which is around 400 BAR. I cant imagine any air pressure at 400 BAR? Could this be the rail pressure incorrectly labelled? If so it seems a little low for a common rail system?

(its has the fuel pressure sensor, fuel pressure control valve, and injection loom repaired over the engine mount, by Mercedes Dealer with no success) The injectors all test the same when doing the return leak off test when fitted to the van. I have removed the injectors for bench testing on Tuesday.)

Any ideas ?:idunno:

Thanks,
Glen.
Glen
Be careful about what Snappy is telling you--I have a Solus it doesn't give you "real" time injection pressures when cranking or trying to diagnose a no start situation--only OTC will do that and it is about 2 seconds "late"!
Also you must use the correct signature key and communication cable. There are two one won't work too well on TIN's with sig key S16 etc!
In any case you need 4250 PSI in the rail at cranking to see a murmur out of the engine and it must come up within a few seconds of crank time.
In "zee good 'ol days" with OTC Genysis I could see crank/rail pressure times to accurately "see" what was going on and that was about all it was good for!
Hope that helps
Dennis

Top Bottom