CAC Turbo hose leaking

blakej59

2007 model. CAC turbo hose dripping oil. It's a well documented needed fix and dealer ordered new hose. Not having problem with Limp-Home and if it wasn't for oil drips on the floor, I wouldn't have known there was a problem.

I believe this is presurized air in this hose. Why is there an oil leak from the hose?

Jim

Last edited:

BigBlueBus

2007 model. CAC turbo hose dripping oil. It's a well documented needed fix and dealer ordered new hose. Not having problem with Limp-Home and if it wasn't for oil drips on the floor, I wouldn't have known there was a problem.

I believe this is presurized air in this hose. Why is there an oil leak from the hose?

Jim
Are you talking about a large diameter hose that goes from the turbo to the intercooler and then into the engine intake? If so, I believe the only thing that should be going through that hose is compressed air. I would tell them to look at your turbo very closely for possible oil leaks.

John

blakej59

It's also been called the intercooler hose in other posts. Drivers side, up front under the van. Looks like there's a change in the hose shape due to splitting for many people.

Looks to me that it's got a tiny leak but everything still works good and no Limp Home Mode problems.

I've read in another post about oil drips from this hose leaking. Am I seeing early signs of another problem or is this normal? Perhaps EGR gasses passing through this hose under pressure and giving the appearance of oil leaking.

You know the dealer will change the hose and say everything is fine whether it is or not.

Jim
2007 144" CDI 60,000 all highway miles

BigBlueBus

It's also been called the intercooler hose in other posts. Drivers side, up front under the van. Looks like there's a change in the hose shape due to splitting for many people.

Looks to me that it's got a tiny leak but everything still works good and no Limp Home Mode problems.

I've read in another post about oil drips from this hose leaking. Am I seeing early signs of another problem or is this normal? Perhaps EGR gasses passing through this hose under pressure and giving the appearance of oil leaking.

You know the dealer will change the hose and say everything is fine whether it is or not.

Jim
2007 144" CDI 60,000 all highway miles
Jim,
Are you already out of warranty? If so, you can change the hose yourself and diagnose the oil leak source, and save yourself a bundle in the process.

John

blakej59

Should still be covered. Part should be in by now. Service greeter has already told me there's a small amount of oil in the charged air and this is normal. It just seems unusual to me.

Jim

It's normal in the T1N 5 cylinder in-line. Were I in your situation I wouldn't worry unless other symptoms come up to indicate it's excessive. vic
Should still be covered. Part should be in by now. Service greeter has already told me there's a small amount of oil in the charged air and this is normal. It just seems unusual to me.

Jim

72chevy4x4

in general, it is normal for small amounts of oil to be present but if there is so much that it's dripping further investigation is warranted. I recall a TDI I was fixing was found to have a flooded intercooler...seemed the turbo shaft broke and the oil was getting sucked right into the IC.

Top Bottom