calling all 2010 owners

D

dilleyoshempy

My 2010 always shifts from 2nd to 3rd between 2800-3000rpm, you cannot force it to shift, it will do this every time the engine is not at operating temp. Since it is above 0C im still not to worried but what happens when its -20C? wont it be bad for the engine to snap off 3-4 shifts at near redline? my 2008 never did this nor my 2006. Do any of your guys do this?

slsbl77

Mine is the same....I just drive at a slower pace until it warms up a little....but that's just me.

Bob

Mrdi

My 2010 always shifts from 2nd to 3rd between 2800-3000rpm,................wont it be bad for the engine to snap off 3-4 shifts at near redline? .

3000 RPM is near Red Line?

D

dilleyoshempy

Well "redline" is ~4000rpm so 3000rpm is pretty close.

D

dilleyoshempy

dilleyoshempy - it appears if you're looking for sympathy you may have posted in the wrong forum. Maybe Yahoo or rv.net ??? :thinking: :)
What are you talking about...? Im curious if other 2010 owners trucks act the same way before I go to the dealer (1.5 hours away) to find out there was nothing wrong in the first place which is what I just figured out.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Dilley mine will manually tip + from 2,200rpms from cold start if unladen. Can you say what your kerb weight or load weight is?

flman

What are you talking about...? Im curious if other 2010 owners trucks act the same way before I go to the dealer (1.5 hours away) to find out there was nothing wrong in the first place which is what I just figured out.
It is normal operation, it is supposed to get the emissions systems warmed up faster.

Top Bottom