Strike plate rear doors ???

booger 746

Sprinter newby here, just purchased a 2005 3500.

First of many post with ?'s !!!

On my rear doors it seems something is missing. I have no strike plate for the door latch to catch (bottom).

I can see it looks like something is missing. There is remnants of a black plastic at each end (towards the walls left and right sides)

I found this pic that looks like what I am missing.

Can someone help me on what I am missing and where to get one.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
take a pic of your van and we will be able to help you then.

welcome to the forum.:smilewink:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Sprinter newby here, just purchased a 2005 3500.

First of many post with ?'s !!!

On my rear doors it seems something is missing. I have no strike plate for the door latch to catch (bottom).

I can see it looks like something is missing. There is remnants of a black plastic at each end (towards the walls left and right sides)

I found this pic that looks like what I am missing.

Can someone help me on what I am missing and where to get one.
2005 3500 is T1N van.
Your picture shows a NCV3 Sprinter post 2007

The NCV3 vans have the dual strikes.
The T1N doesn't have that.

T1Ns have a metal rod in the driver side door that engages top and bottom in a square hole.
The right door only has the middle strike on the driver's side door...

From your video it looks like you are missing a substantial portion of the plastic threshold.
Get a new one, it has the square cutouts for the rod in the driver's side door.

On the top of each door are adjustable die-cast snubbers that tension the doors.

Your doors will either close well and rattle a little under certain conditions like rain/wet
or
hard to close and solid...

Adjust the snubbers as desired..

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Ogre

That plastic piece that goes along the bottom was about $40 bucks from the Dealer, unless the price went up from about 2 years ago.

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
Your video looks like a T1N, got a still shot?
Here's a related post:https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13599
Bruce
That is in fact a T1N. I replaced mine a few months ago.

If you look at the pict posted in the above mentioned thread, you'll need the plate and several of the plastic plugs(#11). The big bolt heads you see are the bolts that hold the spare tire. As beat up as that looks, you may also want to check the upper plate as well(#3). Also, there are plastic bushings for the latching rod in the left door, top and bottom (#5,6). And there is a plastic guide in the edge of the left door for the rod(#21). It's the source of many rattles coming from the rear.

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
hi
the part number you need

a9017660119 rear strip lower
a9019880025 *7 pins to fit the lower strip

regards
chris

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
hi
the part number you need

a9017660119 rear strip lower
a9019880025 *7 pins to fit the lower strip

regards
chris

Chris,

Seeing as you have been working around Sprinters for a long time....is there any easy fix to rid the rear "driver side door" from squeaking in humid weather? I have had this nasty loud annoying squeak intermittently when humid or damp since I have owned it and would love to silence it once and for all?

Thanks for any tips,

Cheers,

Tibor

bc339

Here's the Dodge p/n -
05104425AA - Door latch striker plate
05104536AA - Retainer pins
You can try Berry Dodge or Westbury Dodge of NY - they offer on line ordering at good prices.
Bruce

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
Chris,

Seeing as you have been working around Sprinters for a long time....is there any easy fix to rid the rear "driver side door" from squeaking in humid weather? I have had this nasty loud annoying squeak intermittently when humid or damp since I have owned it and would love to silence it once and for all?

Thanks for any tips,

Cheers,

Tibor
i used to get squeaking form the rear and side door so i just smear some grease in the plastic guide then wipe it off and the rear doors where the holes are for locking the doors"strike plate" noise gone.

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
i used to get squeaking form the rear and side door so i just smear some grease in the plastic guide then wipe it off and the rear doors where the holes are for locking the doors"strike plate" noise gone.
Thank you.....I will go have a look at my door and see if I can make sense of your plastic guide location....??? Any other tips on location of it please?

Cheers,

Top Bottom