What would you put in this space?

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
IMG_0833.JPG

To the right of the Fuel tank is 12" x 4' (about that size did not have a ruler with me) under body space. It is the space that would be taken up if you order the Left sliding door.

IMG_0834.JPG

Same spot looking forward

IMG_0835.JPG

Looking back

So what else could be stuffed in there?

Air horns and air tank, plus air hook up for tire fill.

Aux Battery's

really big spare key

LP Tank

Water tank for hand held shower and toy wash sprayer.

S U B W O O F E R

Tom

stp57

Great thread! I don't have an answer, but I certainly look forward to everyone elses answers. Thanks Tom,
Steve

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
One should never mock the lady in white, she wears a calico dress underneath, and scorpio stings.
IMG_0835.JPG
Now if your going to crawl under Copper Head Road , beware of what lurks, Not of the ground! but what lurks in the shadows of her voids
Welcome to My world, said the spider to the fly.
Question is where's the fly! and what's in that hole. with the big red eyes?
"Scream":yell:
IMG_0834.JPG
Richard

Last edited:

BMA

Aux Battery's

LP Tank

Water tank for hand held shower and toy wash sprayer.
My plan is diesel appliances so no LP Tank for me.

I've been wondering where to put the Aux batteries. Looks like a likely candidate spot. Remember if you use flooded style batteries you need to access their tops to check and refill them. AGM batteries need only to be accessible to check wiring and replace a master fuse at the battery bank.

As for water tank, I'm now figuring on using 2.5 gallon water bottles stored inside the passenger compartment. I'm figuring on not having running water. I may revert on this, but I want my RV to be easily used in the winter. I am considering my options for producing pressurized hot water for shower use when I'm at a campground that doesn't have showers.

- Bryan

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
NCV3 owners

Can we have some better photo's of the under body cavity on the Left hand side behind the drivers seat and along side the fuel tank, the ones I have posted are crap.

Some demensions would be great too.

While your at it any under body photos for possible spots to attach battery trays/boxes.

Thanks

Tom

peacola

I looked under a 144 wheelbase at the dealership. The first shot is on the driver's side, looking forward. I measured 57", fore to aft. The second shot is on the passenger side, looking aft. There's an indentation for the door step and I only measured 48", fore to aft. I'm looking for space for fresh and gray water tanks. Hope this helps.

Attachments

cedarsanctum

re: Member
How about an oversize fuel tank? Fuel will be getting harder to get, and i remember sitting in gas lines in the 70's (oops, showing my age a bit).
I am planning on using no propane, and diesel appliances will use more fuel. Someone should build fuel tanks for that space. Driving to Alaska or Tierra del Fuego would also be more comfortable with extended range. If only we could get good fuel.

Jef

mustangcrazy90

Just for the heck of it, these are the spots on the driver side for the auxilary heaters if ordered with the vehicle. But if you dont have them then find something cool to install. I believe these are the spots, now that I think of it we never see any down my way with the heater installed.

Goliath

Yes, that is where the rear heater and heater booster are on our van. If there weren't snow on the ground I'd crawl under there and take and post a picture.

Nathan

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
How about an oversize fuel tank? Fuel will be getting harder to get, and i remember sitting in gas lines in the 70's (oops, showing my age a bit).
I am planning on using no propane, and diesel appliances will use more fuel. Someone should build fuel tanks for that space. Driving to Alaska or Tierra del Fuego would also be more comfortable with extended range. If only we could get good fuel.

Jef
As late as last October, the larger, aftermarket fuel tank suppliers were disinterested in taking on the R&D involved with bringing an aux fuel tank to market.

Given the change in fuel supply/prices and the number of NCV3s on the road, it might be a good idea to hit them up again: Transflow and Aerotanks were the aftermarket businesses I'd contacted.

Someone - I can't remember who - had a friend that was willing to take on the project, but I haven't seen any updates on that.

This Sprinter-Source user has a red Sprinter, is on the west coast (Oregon/Washington) and his friend was in California, I think....that's all I recall at the moment.

-Jon

PS: It was Xperia

Last edited:

cedarsanctum

Here's some views under my van of the same area. This van has the aux. rear heater, and the aux. hydronic engine heater. We've tried this out as a heat source for camping and find it's not quite enough by itself in freezing weather. It keeps the cab toasty, but we had to start the engine to move the warm air to the back.
The Wallas diesel powered stove with heater option should do the trick, when it gets here and is installed. Ordered Tuesday, should be here some time in April, we hope. At $2200, it better work VERY well.

Jef

Attachments

cedarsanctum

No, it's not insulated yet. I got this in January, and it keeps getting pushed to the back burner. Some day i will have the perfect camper rig, but in the meantime it hauls cabinets just great.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Insulating the van wall will increase the existing heaters capacity/efficiency. Insulate first before you consider additional or replacement heaters.

Top Bottom