Minnesota mechanics

thinice

2005 tall 140WB 160K
Anyone know of a good diesel mechanic (non dealership) in Minnesota. I am currently shopping for a Sprinter and am concerned about the lack of Sprinter savvy mechanics in the area.

blakej59

I've been using the ex-sprinter Dodge dealers in metro Minneapolis. Last I knew, the Mercedes dealers had not picked up Sprinters. It's a potential issue. One nice thing about owning a Econoline is you can get it fixed everywhere, and ussually for a lot less $.

Jim
2007 144" CDI

thinice

2005 tall 140WB 160K
Thanks Jim, I will keep looking. There are couple of diesel shops north of the cities who claim to work on Sprinters. Don't know if they are competent?
Called the dodge dealer to have a van checked out and they seemed to be costly. Guess I will see if I can educated myself from this forum and DIY. Looking at a 2006 with high miles and I know it needs a tranny oil change. If I do buy it, that would be my first DIY project. Have been flagging down vans around town and asking the owners who they use, most are using dodge dealers like you do. Still hope to find that diamond in the ruff mechanic that knows what he is doing and does not rip you off like the dealers. The Econoline sounds good but, I would hit my head.

cahaak

I know that ultimate fleet service in Eagan services sprinters. I heard that they have former sprinter techs on staff. Maybe give them a call. I know that team parking (airport parking) in St. Paul has all of their sprinters serviced there. I have not been to a place to have mine serviced yet as I do all my own work. Unless you are really going to be getting into some major work, you might want to think about that route. I do have a DAD for diagnostics and could help you out there if you want.

Chris

JohnForde

Dear Thinice,

I just bought my Sprinter ten days ago and I am working on the same issue. I'd like to talk by phone. If you send me a private message I'll reply with my phone number.

John Forde
St Paul MN
158 Window van

thinice

2005 tall 140WB 160K
Thanks Jim & John
Have not bought my Sprinter yet. Made a couple of offers but folks are holding out for top dollar. Plan to check out what's available in Arizona. I will be fleeing the land of ice and snow soon, for part of the winter. Hope to find a rust free van out in the desert. Wow! a DAD in the area, that's good to know. Hope I can pick your brain when I find my ride.

wcampbell78

I've been using my local Dodge dealer, but I think I need the injectors swapped. Makes me wish I lived in Denver or Toledo or Pittsburg

icarus

I state FL in Invergrove Heights has done very good, reasonable work on mine,,, iI don't shy away from dealers simply because they are dealers,,, if they are competent,, and provide good value for money!

Icarus

Top Bottom