PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Upgrade Coming!

sikwan
10-25-2010, 06:23 AM
I just don't know when. You tell me when is the best time to shut this place down to do an upgrade.

I've been holding off on upgrades until newer versions are steady, and I think we can go to 3.8 or even 4.0. We're now at 3.6.8.

What this means...

1. Forum will be turned off. How long? Don't know as the database gets backed up, attachments are backed up, and the software is upgraded.

2. Some features might be lost. Can all the features be restored? Hopefully, but very unlikely.

3. 3.8 will have the look and feel of 3.6.8. 4.0 will not. Debating whether we should go all the way to the top of just half way. Either way it will be brutal.

Comments?

Altered Sprinter
10-25-2010, 06:53 AM
What are the advantages of an upgrade Seek as opposed to leaving whats already available.
Richard

sikwan
10-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Nothing really. Seriously.

Well, except for Tapatalk, which requires 3.7+. I don't use it, but a user has requested it.

The other thing is when Hosts start to migrate to higher numbered PHP and MySQL Database versions, then we really have no choice but to upgrade vBulletin to combat that. I think we are safe for years to come, but it's an inevitable something that will wreak havoc to users now or later. This is probably the biggest reason why we have not upgraded for so long. They kept changing it with security patches that on occasions gave me more work than I wanted to do (which means shutting down the forum).

3.8 is stable with no new releases. 4.0 is another story.

Altered Sprinter
10-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Well take the punt and lose some valuable data! Maybe.Or sell it, to the highest bidder. I doubt if any would deny, you have not ever done a top notch job . keeping the forum going, day in, day out, month in, month out, year after year ,after decades, after centuries.:bow:But I think you really need some hourly consulting with a quack.:thumbup:When was the last time you spent quality time, with your wife and kids.

Cheers Richard.

maxextz
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
go for it seek:thumbup: but don't forget to back everything up.

mackconsult
10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
If its working and not broken .... don't do it ..... that is a Microsoft paradigm :idunno:

autostaretx
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM
one user has requested Tapatalk
For the curious (as i was):
Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free).
Tapatalk supports vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF.
If you have a guess as to what features may be lost (or delayed in re-implemenation), please cite (at least some of) them?
Perhaps a poll?
After decades of chasing fragmented Linux/tool upgrades, i'm a stick-with-what-works-until-forced kind'a guy.
(and even then, there's usually an old server in the back room which no one will notice i've repurposed to "legacy" duties...)

I agree with what (i think) Richard said (removing the double negatives and Taz-isms): you have done a top notch job

good luck
--dick

psalm66
10-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Would it be too complicated to publish a beta of the new version? Perhaps one that is navigable but not tied into the "live" database. Accessible via http://sprinter-source.com/beta or similar?

I've seen several Sprinter blogs and most of them are unfriendly in either trying to navigate or search for information. This web site and it's contributors are the best of the lot.

Generally I'm in favor of upgrades but they can mean a lot of work for the man in charge. I made the transition from Frontpage to Expression Web 3 in the web site building world. It was a very challenging change and I'm still operating in Limp Home mode!

I greatly appreciate the effort to run this site. It has been formative in my going ahead in getting a Sprinter. My new 2010 is finally in after 5 months :thumbup: and conversion is next.

jdcaples
10-25-2010, 06:39 PM
+1 on the excellent administration of this environment and keeping the (virtual) denizens from blemishing the value of the service, the community.

As someone that formerly got paid to upgrade high-tech IT Infrastructure customer gear, I want to say that running ancient, but functional implementations, only delays the inevitable upgrade. You can delay until your system is no longer actively bug-fixed; then you're looking at a migration to an entirely different platform.

The longer you stay on older technology, the more painful it is to upfit to "modern," the more challenging it is for users to "get used to the new look and feel" and - in some cases - the more you risk not being able to drag all your data forward.

You gotta do what works for you.

I'm a big fan of "if it's not broken, don't mess with it."

"Don't fix a working system," is relevant to the forum, but I also believe the "don't fix a working system" is subject to diminishing returns over time.

"Not broken, don't fix" applies more to durable goods like cars, and household appliances than (software) network applications.

My $0.02

-Jon

LuckyDawgz Jim
10-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Sikwan,
Thank you for your care in administrating this forum. :thumbup:

It's been an invaluable aid in buying, and now maintaining my 02 T1N Sprinter.
I'm actually still fighting a few of the previous owner's DYI wiring bugs, and making slow but great progress.
Also just completed my 1st trans fluid change complete with Doktor A's DARF kit mod :clapping:
and have been photo documenting all that I find for future posting.

Over on the VIBEs board we're at vBulletin 3.7.4 Patch Level 1, and the latest version available is listed as: 3.8.6 Patch Level 1.
We're staying on at the slightly dulled, but still cutting edge... and not the leading bleeding edge for now.

I'll be very interested in seeing any changes and or improvements that come to this forum.

jim

Diamondsea
10-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Why not wait until the 4.0 is proven and then go directly with that? If we are going to have a messy situation either way perhaps waiting for 4.0 will mean that we can go a longer time before a following upgrade. Obviously it's your decision as you are THE MAN!

Aqua Puttana
10-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Just figured I'd throw in a post to thank Seek also. You've done are doing a great job.

Sikwan,
Go the direction you feel the most comfortable with. You're the one that will really need to deal with any issues. The rest of us are just addicted users. As with any addiction, we'll figure out how to make it work for us even if it takes 12 steps and 28 days. vic

Oldfartt
10-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Sikwan,
Thank you for your extensive effort in operating this forum. I have been educated greatly by the members and the information which is currently the combined knowledge of it's members. It would be a shame to lose any of the data. Do you have an idea where the losses may be?
The decision to upgrade is really yours to ultimately decide. It will mean a considerable amount of effort on your part. I am not in an informed position to comment one way or the other and rely on those who do know to make the best choice for the forum. What ever happens you have my support.

Cheers
Ross

aljimenez
10-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Here's a suggestion, which I do in a web application that I have for a MYSQL database for a philanthropic organization. Whenever I upgrade or make a change, I do it on a different folder or web-address that has access to the database. For example instead of www.sprinte-source.com/forum make it www.sprinter-forum.com/forum/new this will be your new forum where you create a new user so you can verify that it works before you move everything to the main forum. This should reduce the down time... Al

Edit: I forgot to join the chorus of praising your stewardship of this forum. This is a regular stop over for me thanks to your well run place.

jdcaples
10-27-2010, 01:39 AM
As with any addiction, we'll figure out how to make it work for us even if it takes 12 steps and 28 days. vic

I can quit any time I want. It's not a problem. I only miss 3 or 4 days of work per week to read, research and post on Sprinter-Source. I don't work on the weekends, so those are free Sprinter-Source days that don't count.

People who don't own a Sprinter don't understand, but hey! I can quit any time.

See. I left the keyboard and didn't come back.

Look. I did it again.

Addicts. Hmph. Next you'll be accusing me of being addicted to Air, Water and Food.

I can quit any time. I just don't feel like it right now. Besides, Richard hasn't posted in what? 15 minutes? Where is he? Is he ok?

Richard!

Altered Sprinter
10-27-2010, 02:37 AM
I can quit any time I want. It's not a problem. I only miss 3 or 4 days of work per week to read, research and post on Sprinter-Source. I don't work on the weekends, so those are free Sprinter-Source days that don't count.

People who don't own a Sprinter don't understand, but hey! I can quit any time.

See. I left the keyboard and didn't come back.

Look. I did it again.

Addicts. Hmph. Next you'll be accusing me of being addicted to Air, Water and Food.

I can quit any time. I just don't feel like it right now. Besides, Richard hasn't posted in what? 15 minutes? Where is he? Is he ok?

Richard! I did say off line I'm away for a few weeks, batteries run low. energy saving.:smilewink:
But sometimes I just honesty prefer to sit back and watch how a thread evolves, into a melt down.
Addicted you bet I am and Jon, by the way that mysterious axle 4.183 ratio on an auto now has validation.:bow:
But that one can wait.
PS Seek do what you feel is the right thing to do . It's your call.
If any thing is lost as in data we can always rebuild and fill in the gaps.
Richard

Richard

sikwan
10-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the input.

Looks like it would be best to go to 4.0+. The transition will have to go to 3.8 then to 4.0. If we wait, it'll probably be harder to go from 3.8 to 4.0.

Things like SprinterBox (shoutbox), Reply-to-All in Private Message, will not automatically port over to 3.8 or 4.0. Google search will have to be added to the pulldown menu. Ignoring specific forums is another that will not automatically or easily port over.

I think the most important thing or the goal is to move over all the data to the new version and have a functioning forum and then worry about incrementally adding back the features.

I'm shooting for the Christmas / New Years Holidays. I think everyone should be on some trip and not visiting the forum. :smirk: The work will be start around 11:00pm PST and should not last more than a day (24hrs).

If you have those favorite write-ups, I recommend that you download or save them just in case. There shouldn't be any problems as I'll be doing multiple data backups and compares.

Altered Sprinter
10-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Said who's not about:smirk: Do what's best for the forum, and I'm keeping track of my posts too :shifty:10thou is near.:bounce:
Richard

LuckyDawgz Jim
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm shooting for the Christmas / New Years Holidays. I think everyone should be on some trip and not visiting the forum. :smirk: The work will be start around 11:00pm PST and should not last more than a day (24hrs).

I'll be "working"... well at least at work (we have no customer DR tests scheduled) and online 12/20 right thru 01/02... so if I can be of any assistance to you let me know.

jim

Chandlerazman
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Seek, we all appreciate your time in this. In the end, as an administrator, you do what is best. My other forum addiction is the TR6 site (6pack.org). The 6pack site gets upgraded about every two years. The administrator there is Alan if it helps you to ask any questions as to what when and how he does his magic there.

My wife gets annoyed when I am on either forum instead of working on getting the invoices out. Oh well, a man has got to have priorities :laughing: Although I don't post as much as it seems, I spend at least 2-3 hours a day here!

twistyroad
12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm a big fan of "if it's not broken, don't mess with it."

My personal mandate seems to be "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is." :wtf:

pgr
12-10-2010, 07:31 PM
My personal mandate seems to be "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is." :wtf:

I have to agree!

pgr

maxextz
12-11-2010, 02:36 PM
:shhh:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=183427&d=1289573755

flman
12-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Great job on the upgrade Seek, it was seamless on my end, I fired up Sprinter Forum and wondered if you had even started. Lo and behold it was done. :bow:

You Da Man :thumbup:

psalm66
12-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Good job! Expected the forum to be down today but still checked and ... up and running. Thanks! When I click on the "thumbs up" icon to the right of this screen it's not adding the icon to this text. Maybe it'll show up after I "submit reply"?

kkanuck
12-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Great Work Sikwan,

All up and running here!!

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy 2011

mendonsy
12-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Great job on the upgrade.:thumbup::thumbup:
I wish mine went that smooth!!:censored:

sikwan
12-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone!

Good job! Expected the forum to be down today but still checked and ... up and running. Thanks! When I click on the "thumbs up" icon to the right of this screen it's not adding the icon to this text. Maybe it'll show up after I "submit reply"?

There are a few leftover skins that need to transition over by hand.

I didn't go through to 4.0 as the 3.8.6 was a big enough change. It'll come soon enough (I'll check the pros and cons). :smilewink:

Altered Sprinter
12-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Works great down under Seek, I was under the impression the forum would off line much longer.
Runs much smoother too.
Thanks mate.
Richard

maxextz
12-25-2010, 09:55 PM
did something happen?:thinking:i guess thats good yea?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5f4dwu5pTeY/S01ilUcgHFI/AAAAAAAACa4/qqm_Qg7ZgLQ/s400/mex3.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5f4dwu5pTeY/S0AoCXU2NyI/AAAAAAAACaY/nlfjy0zrt8o/s400/imagesthumbs_20up.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5f4dwu5pTeY/S0AkRjrKLEI/AAAAAAAACaI/XCX9HA3_w1E/s400/imagespc_20instructions.jpg

bladerunner
12-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey I didn't feel a thing either...............reminds me of my sex life lately! :lol::smirk::cry:

maxextz
12-25-2010, 11:36 PM
whats sex?:wtf:

NBB
12-26-2010, 02:46 AM
I don't seem to be able to mark all threads as read. It says there is some sort of security token error. Am I the only one?

sikwan
12-26-2010, 04:26 AM
I don't seem to be able to mark all threads as read. It says there is some sort of security token error. Am I the only one?

I'm seeing the same thing. Let me see...:hmmm:

EDIT: It should work now. Thanks!

Altered Sprinter
12-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Nope still not working.
4.47PM AEST
Richard

Altered Sprinter
12-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Mind you any normal person would leave it until after the Christmas break:smilewink:

sikwan
12-26-2010, 05:36 AM
Mine works after hitting the link at the bottom that says "Mark all Forums read." :idunno:

Try clearing your cache.

Altered Sprinter
12-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Mine works after hitting the link at the bottom that says "Mark all Forums read." :idunno:

Try clearing your cache. After you fiddled with admin it did fix itself Mark forum read it directs you into Sprinter-Forum.Then hit today's threads and all is cleared. :thumbup:

Altered Sprinter
12-26-2010, 09:20 AM
OK! WHAT'S UP WITH THIS RIDICULOUS WIDTH????
U tube gone :rant:
Richard.

sikwan
12-26-2010, 09:30 AM
OK! WHAT'S UP WITH THIS RIDICULOUS WIDTH????
U tube gone :rant:
Richard.

I'm making edits to the skin and I missed this. Thanks. I'll look into it.

Altered Sprinter
12-26-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm making edits to the skin and I missed this. Thanks. I'll look into it. It's Ok I just stirring the pot on a narrow bandwidth:smirk:
Richard

maxextz
12-26-2010, 01:37 PM
:laughing:
http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29050&stc=1&d=1293309299

sikwan
12-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Tapatalk is working, so test it out. :smilewink:

Gulf SV
12-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I like the new avatar, Seek. Sweet! :bounce:

flman
12-26-2010, 04:01 PM
I like the new avatar, Seek. Sweet! :bounce:

I think that was his old Av, or maybe I saw it some where else?

Altered Sprinter
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Ah'rrr Me ladies, The pirate and his motley crew, be coming back Ah'rrr29060
Seek be looking for an eye-pod patch:smirk:

sikwan
12-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I think that was his old Av, or maybe I saw it some where else?

It's the old one. Well, now it's new. :smilewink: Should've kept it as it's a classic. :smirk:

Altered Sprinter
12-26-2010, 08:49 PM
It's the old one. Well, now it's new. :smilewink: Should've kept it as it's a classic. :smirk:
TRUE BUT THE GREAT THING ABOUT THE FORUM IS ARCHIVES:smilewink:
RECORDED IN HISTORY

maxextz
12-26-2010, 09:02 PM
http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2010/09/23/caszp0bcmc.jpg

georgetg
12-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Tapatalk is working, so test it out. :smilewink:

Works great, sprinter source on the go!! :rad:

Cheers
George

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

mean_in_green
12-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the upgrade Seek.

Forum switches to mobile version automatically - much handier for Crackberries!

I find User posted images no longer show though, just the image title. Am logged in, browser handles other VB forum images ok?

sikwan
12-27-2010, 08:10 AM
I find User posted images no longer show though, just the image title. Am logged in, browser handles other VB forum images ok?

Images should not show inline when in the mobile skin version. The default skin version though should.

mean_in_green
12-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Ahh, I see. Ok thanks for the explanation. So the device type is automatically detected, but images don't get loaded within Mobile.

I wonder if there's a way I can access the non-Mobile version on a Blackberry then, if a thread has several images of interest for example?

The Mobile skin is definitely easier on the eye with its pared down appearance, much less scrolling required.

Aqua Puttana
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Gee Seek,
The upgrade transition was seamless for me. Nice choice of days for implementation. Merry Christmas. What do you have scheduled related to Sprinter-source for New Years Eve? I have a list of good divorce lawyers, but I hesitate to post them here in case your wife gets on the forum.

Hey! Wait a minute.... where's that great old "tongue" smiley I was just going to use??? :doh: You call this the "tongue"??? :tongue: There's no sass, no in your your face. :thumbdown: This upgrade sucks! :rant: My entire day will now be ruined. :yell: vic

P.S. - Thanks for your efforts.

sikwan
12-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I wonder if there's a way I can access the non-Mobile version on a Blackberry then, if a thread has several images of interest for example?

I turned off the auto detect for mobile devices (blackberry specifically). There's no pulldown menu (that I could see) in the mobile skin to go to the default skin. For now, if you want to access the mobile skin, you can do that by going to the bottom left hand corner of the default skin.

I'll see if there's a way to add the pulldown menu on the mobile skin.

sikwan
12-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey! Wait a minute.... where's that great old "tongue" smiley I was just going to use??? :doh: You call this the "tongue"??? :tongue: There's no sass, no in your your face. :thumbdown: This upgrade sucks! :rant: My entire day will now be ruined. :yell: vic

Where is that tongue smilie...:thinking: Thanks Vic.

K-9 SPRINTER
12-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Where is that tongue smilie...:thinking: Thanks Vic.
heres a bunch from another list... http://www.dobermantalk.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001 powered by http://www.vbadvanced.com/ also

Aqua Puttana
12-28-2010, 02:02 PM
So does the upgrade include a "Friend" feature? If yes, what does the friend feature do? vic

Altered Sprinter
12-28-2010, 02:19 PM
So does the upgrade include a "Friend" feature? If yes, what does the friend feature do? vic Vic allows you to briefly chit chat to your friends It's like card collecting they could become valuable one day!You can trade them. :lol:
Richard

maxextz
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
So does the upgrade include a "Friend" feature? If yes, what does the friend feature do? vic

it makes you look popular even if everybody hates you.:lol:

mean_in_green
12-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Am experiencing "weirdness" with PMs since upgrade:

Replied to one last night to find my reply message and the original PM to me had totally vanished. Oddly my reply appears to have been received, judging by the subsequent reply I then received.

Next weird thing: messages appear on my Blackberry forum inbox but not on my laptop forum inbox and vice versa. Tried logging out and back in again, no change.

Any ideas Seek?

sikwan
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Will run some maintenance scripts...

Next weird thing: messages appear on my Blackberry forum inbox but not on my laptop forum inbox and vice versa. Tried logging out and back in again, no change.

...is the above still true?

If so, try to clear your browser cache. Does the above still happen?

mean_in_green
12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Somebody please send me a test PM.

sikwan
12-28-2010, 09:41 PM
PM sent.

Graphite Dave
12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Thank you Sikwan for all your efforts. You are appreciated.

mean_in_green
12-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks Seek - "synchronicity" has returned when viewing on different devices.

Aqua Puttana
12-31-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm making edits to the skin and I missed this. Thanks. I'll look into it.

Seek,
Now the text edit box in the quote field is so wide I need to move around a bunch to read/type. Can the edit box be set to the same width as the others when we hit "Preview Post"? That would be ideal for me. I just noticed that the text edit box in the "edit" field is the same width as the the others. Perhaps you can use those settings? Thanks for all your work. vic

sikwan
12-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Seek,
Now the text edit box in the quote field is so wide I need to move around a bunch to read/type. Can the edit box be set to the same width as the others when we hit "Preview Post"? That would be ideal for me. I just noticed that the text edit box in the "edit" field is the same width as the the others. Perhaps you can use those settings? Thanks for all your work. vic

How is it now?

Aqua Puttana
12-31-2010, 02:10 PM
How is it now?

I'd like to say OK, but it's perfect! :thumbup: Thanks, vic

maxextz
12-31-2010, 06:54 PM
richards posts are all shouting:hmmm: i think hes missing lowercase on his end among other things,see if you can fix him seek.

Aqua Puttana
12-31-2010, 07:48 PM
richards posts are all shouting:hmmm: i think hes missing lowercase on his end among other things,see if you can fix him seek.

Max,
Is this some sort of stealth post bringing a subject from Off-Topic over to here? It won't work. Richard will still find this and hunt down you, your dirty Sprinter and Toto too. :laughing:

vic

maxextz
12-31-2010, 09:02 PM
well he needs telling.........somebody tell him.
his posts have gone nuts since the 23rd:rolleyes:
wacky is right.:shhh:

bc339
01-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Seek - thanks for a seamless conversion. I'm also experiencing a problem with the remember me feature (I remember me, but the site doesn't). I've cleaned out the browsing history, still the same thing. After closing IE, reopen, login is empty. As long as IE is open (go to other sites, come back), it remembers.
Thanks.
Bruce

sikwan
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
After closing IE, reopen, login is empty. As long as IE is open (go to other sites, come back), it remembers.

This sounds like a cookie issue. When you close IE, do you have to it set to remove cookies? If so, unset that or do not remove the cookies when closing IE. The "remember me" function uses cookies saved on your computer.

bc339
01-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Cookies are enabled. I'm looking through the settings under tools - haven't found anything yet.
Other sites that use passwords or personal settings are working.
Bruce

sikwan
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm using IE8. Under Tools/Internet Options/General, under browsing history, I have the box (delete browsing history on exit) UN-checked.

When I have it checked and logged into Sprinter-Source.com (w/ remember me), closing IE and reopening, I'm no longer logged in.

Un-checked, I'm logged in automatically.

bc339
01-04-2011, 07:53 PM
My settings are the same. I think I've found a work around. I deleted the link, after login, I saved the link on the favorites bar. Seems to be working.
Bruce
P.S. - Didn't work. More looking....

Chandlerazman
01-11-2011, 06:06 PM
I've always logged in using the "favorites" link. No problems doing it that way.

bc339
01-12-2011, 03:23 AM
The login always worked prior to the upgrade - never an issue. I had it as a button on the favorites bar and it would automatically login when selected. When I would clean the history, about once a week, I'd have to re-enter my user name and password, which I expected. Now, I need to log in every time I open IE - it doesn't remember, also times out very quickly.
Other sites that have a similar login process are still working - no settings changed, no software updates.
Bruce

gottahavabenz
01-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Hey bc339

I got the same issue with my imac running 10.6 OS and Safari 5.03 it does the same thing if I log out or close safari I gotta relog in and it's super annoying. But if I open Firefox I have no problem staying logged in. I thought this was a safari problem so I deleted it and reinstalled it, no dice:idunno:

bc339
01-23-2011, 03:01 AM
Update on the login problem. I deleted Sprinter Forum from favorites, cleaned the browsing history, did a disk cleanup, rebooted, added Sprinter Forum to favorites, logged in and out several times today, so far, seems to be working. Login remembers ID and password - all is good again.
Bruce

gottahavabenz
01-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Bc339

I think I cries for help may be falling on deaf ears... It's nice you have yours whipped. I have tried everything to no avail. Oh well I will keep logging in every time.

sikwan
01-23-2011, 03:04 PM
I think I cries for help may be falling on deaf ears... It's nice you have yours whipped. I have tried everything to no avail. Oh well I will keep logging in every time.

I don't think it's fallen on deaf ears. It's one of those things that you need to remedy on your own end; delete all cookies and remove all cache. If it still doesn't work, then are you sure you removed all your cookies and cache?

If I had access to your computer, then I could probably help. But...

It doesn't seem to be a site wide problem. Most of the login problems stem from cookies.

bc339
01-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Lots of trial, mostly error. I tried different security settings, reboots, add, deletes - very frustrating. Just added a new site and its password and login works fine. Then I tried the last procedures and it finally worked.
Bruce

gottahavabenz
01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Sikwan

I deleted everything including safari itself! I am not sure what else there is. I even had a computer adept friend stop by and try all the things he knows to no avail. Anyone else out there running a Mac with 10.6.6 and Safari 5? My settings work with every other website I visit.:thinking:

Aqua Puttana
01-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Most of the login problems stem from cookies.

Altered Sprinter
01-24-2011, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes: