Door will not latch?

schapin

So first the 2002 has egr,trans, maybe fuel pressure pump, and possibly MAF problems.. the DAD cant tell which, then the 2005 started with no power symptoms and now the drivers and rear door will not latch shut.... the 2002 has 36k and the 2005 has 66k.... anyone have any ideas?

and now the drivers and rear door will not latch shut.... the 2002 has 36k and the 2005 has 66k.... anyone have any ideas?
Do you mean the remote (electric) locks don't work? Do you have remote locking?

If not remote lock related, my T1N is very susceptible to the doors not working properly if I'm not parked on a level surface. The frame is fairly flexy. Do you often park on a bumpy surface? It could be related.

So many times loss of power is found to be related to a dirty fuel filter or leaks in the turbo charge air system. For help on looking for turbo system leaks a search from the blue bar above using "resonator crack" "split hose" "leak hose" and similar key words should give you a start. A really dirty air filter can also reduce power.

Did you check for codes on the 2005? If not, you should.

I can't offer constructive input on the other questions. Have fun. vic

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Failure to mechanically latch can be due to many things: frame warpage or simply the latch pins have shifted.

Step back and *look* at the doors that won't latch.
Are they "square" in their frames? Is the gap around the driver's door equal-spaced all the way around?
If the gap is good, then perhaps just moving the latch pin in/out/up/down will correct the driver's latching (a T-45 bit, if i recall correctly).
Adjusting the rear door is a little more tedious, but certainly do-able.
Here is the T1N "how to do it" for adjusting the sliding and rear door (probably originally from Aqua/Vic or Richard):
View attachment DoorAdjustmentwithHinges.pdf

good luck
--dick

Top Bottom