PDA

View Full Version : removing of door trim

winter
10-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Does anybody know how to remove the door trim on the driver's side without causing any damage? My power window is not working properly (lowering only by one inch and getting stuck). Thank you.

Altered Sprinter
10-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Hi winter,always use the search Search (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/search.php) features for archival information.however this is what you are looking for.Removing Passenger Front Door Panel - Sprinter-Forum (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=79005)
Welcome by the way:clapping:
Richard

Eric Experience
10-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Winter.
The window can jam if the screws that hold the channel in place come loose,
If this is your problem taking the trim off wont help, to find out, with the door open and one hand inside and the other hand outside the glass try to move the glass horizontaly, it it is free to move then rthe problem is with the winder, if the glass is rock solid the small screws have come out. Run a metal probe along the channel and listen for the click as you hit the screw heads. To get an idea of where the screws are do this on the passenger door first. Good luck. Eric.

winter
10-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Winter.
The window can jam if the screws that hold the channel in place come loose,
If this is your problem taking the trim off wont help, to find out, with the door open and one hand inside and the other hand outside the glass try to move the glass horizontaly, it it is free to move then rthe problem is with the winder, if the glass is rock solid the small screws have come out. Run a metal probe along the channel and listen for the click as you hit the screw heads. To get an idea of where the screws are do this on the passenger door first. Good luck. Eric.

Thank you. The glass is firm, so it would be the problem with the screw. I will try to fix it over the weekend. If I won't be able to figure out how to tighten the screw I will ask for your advice again. Thanks again.