Hauling hay

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What a mess! :thumbup:

When I was younger, I always thought hay bales were soft like pillows because they used them in crash zones. NOT!

BMA

What a mess! :thumbup:

When I was younger, I always thought hay bales were soft like pillows because they used them in crash zones. NOT!
And we make 'em harder now. :D A good new bailer can put 1.5 to 2.5 times as much hay into the same space as a baler from 30 years ago. Then they have hay compression machines to further squeeze it so it takes up less space. They are mostly used for hay shipped to other countries or long distance. They can squeeze the hay enough to put 25+ tons into a 40' shipping container. Japan buys allot of hay from the US.

- Bryan

Llarry

Llamasine driver
And we make 'em harder now. :D A good new bailer can put 1.5 to 2.5 times as much hay into the same space as a baler from 30 years ago. Then they have hay compression machines to further squeeze it so it takes up less space. They are mostly used for hay shipped to other countries or long distance. They can squeeze the hay enough to put 25+ tons into a 40' shipping container. Japan buys allot of hay from the US.
- Bryan
When I moved to the Williamette River valley in Oregon I found out this stuff. There has gotta be an incredible amount of energy in one of those containers; I have visions of it somehow "springing open" and inflating the container like a balloon! :D

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
When I moved to the Williamette River valley in Oregon I found out this stuff. There has gotta be an incredible amount of energy in one of those containers; I have visions of it somehow "springing open" and inflating the container like a balloon! :D

Right... it sure makes me get past fast when I see one of the flat-bed hay haulers with the bales stacked to the sky and leaning. :wtf:

Top Bottom