PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for running boards

elizo
10-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi there! I am so very glad to find this forum and a whole group of fellow Sprinter owners. I have a 2008 hightop 144" Sprinter which has been converted to be a mobile dog grooming van. I LOOOOVE my Sprinter, but would like to add some running boards so that it is easier for the dogs to step up into the van. I have seen many aluminum ones available, but they seem skinny and slippery. I would like one that is a wide step and made of fiberglass. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks so much!

K-9 SPRINTER
10-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Im having these installed by Sportsmobile (Texas) plus I added 2 62in led lightbars on ea side.

K-9 SPRINTER
10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
These running board are also on the Four Winds, Ventura http://www.ventura-rv.com/?page=gallery

72chevy4x4
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM
how about an automatic RV step-automatically extends and retracts and will come out further than a built in step. Do you think the build in step would be 'dog friendly'?

SYCO GT
10-07-2010, 07:02 AM
I like my aluminum ones from Running Board Warehouse. Not slippery at all. Wide enough for the family, but definitely not wide. There are some other threads on this forum with info about various options. Good luck!

I guess the aluminum could be slippery for animals.