PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Dodge Sprinter front armrest broken?

nontoxickeith
09-28-2010, 07:33 PM
I have a 2006 Winnebago View built on a Dodge Sprinter body and the drivers seat armrest is broken... it twists 360˚ without stopping. Can anyone advise me where to get a replacement armrest without buying the entire seat? Thanks Keith

glas1700
10-01-2010, 04:42 AM
You can buy a replacement armrest from any Sprinter dealer. Cost is pretty high, but sometimes they're available on ebay for a lot less.

Byron

Aqua Puttana
10-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I have a 2006 Winnebago View built on a Dodge Sprinter body and the drivers seat armrest is broken... it twists 360˚ without stopping. Can anyone advise me where to get a replacement armrest without buying the entire seat? Thanks Keith
I'd remove it first and see if you can't repair the mechanism. Maybe something is just out of place? You'll need to remove it to replace it anyway. It isn't working now. I don't see as you have anything to lose?

I seem to remember someone stating that removing the lock pin before removing the armrest allows 360 degree rotation and better access to the fasteners. Perhaps that pin/stop fell out? A search from the blue bar above may yield the thread with the information I recall. Have fun. vic

david_42
10-01-2010, 02:21 PM
So, that POS that keeps getting in my way is worth money? Maybe I'll remove mine and sell eBay it.

bc339
10-01-2010, 02:32 PM
One of my older saboteur's broke the drivers armrest by using it as a grab handle getting out of the passenger seats. I took the arm rest off - real easy -4 small torx fasteners. There's a stop pin at the back of the armrest that stops the travel. Looks like a soft metal since it was snapped in half. The pin is held in by friction through a hole that's just forward of the pivot. You can use metal stock available at a hardware store to replace it. Another option would be a little harder steel from a bolt, just cut the head and threads off, or a drill bit. If you use metal stock, if it's overstressed, the softer metal will break before the plastic frame will.
Bruce