B1xxx trouble codes - who could explain

ssutinen

Hi everyone and greetings from Finland!

I have a MB 312D (1998) with 2.9 liters td-engine. This evening I made a full diagnosis with Carsoft MB 7.4 and got some B1xxx-errors within instrument cluster:

Single diagnosis Inst. Cluster - Status: ERROR !
Module Info : Instrument Cluster
Module : KI
MB - Nr. : 000 0?8 <0 06
Supplier : not known
Hardware-Version: ?>/<0
Software-Version: 38/00
Diagnosis recogn.: 0/0
ki_feh.dxt
B1EFE
B1800
B16C0
B1800
B10C6
B1E00
- Single diagnosis completed !

Could someone tell me what those trouble codes stand for, please.

Seppo Sutinen

autostaretx

Erratic Member
What does CarSoft say about them? (i see that B1800 is repeated twice).

One thing i find irritating about the CarSoft family of scanners is that they don't have a comprehensive list of trouble codes.
(such as "Codes we know" so that you'll be warned about "codes we don't")

And version 7 may differ, but it does not appear that you can (in quiet moments) scan the list of potential trouble codes to "train" yourself about possible failures.

Andy Bittenbinder sells a book of "all the codes", but i think that none of the ones you are listing are in there.
See https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=91640&postcount=309

From post 322 in that thread:
I highly recommend the newly released 210 page, '01-'06 Sprinter Fault Code Guide book, North American Edition. I have these available at a special group discount from publishers price. Contact me at my e-mail abittenbinder@yahoo.com
...but i just used Amazon's "look inside this book" feature... and, as far as i can tell, none of those codes are listed in the KI section
(B1800, B1E00, B10C6)... but this book is aimed at 2001-2006 NAFTA T1N Sprinters, not rest-of-world. We have the 2.7 L 642 and 647 engines.

good luck
--dick

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I have the '01-'06 Sprinter Fault Code Guidebook for NAFTA T1Ns - none of these codes are listed.

ssutinen

Thanks for your replies eventhough the problem itself didn't get solved. Maybe I just have to learn to live with the blinking mileage and warning triangle...

Seppo

Top Bottom