PDA

View Full Version : loose hose

jmgasior
09-18-2010, 02:02 PM
while looking in my engine compartment trying to decide on hooking up my aux battery myself I strayed to the other side and noticed at the dip stick there is a small hose gg into the black cover,but the other end is just hanging in the breeze,any ideas where it should be connected to??thanks ,hate to go to the dealer if I can help it,they scare me!!

Altered Sprinter
09-18-2010, 02:04 PM
stick it back in:smilewink:
Richard

jmgasior
09-18-2010, 03:27 PM
one end,the end gg into the engine cover is ok its the loose end I need to know where it goes,thanks

Altered Sprinter
09-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Need pics I think the one you may be referring to as:hmmm: but need clear specifics.
Richard

blessedmomof8
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
while looking in my engine compartment trying to decide on hooking up my aux battery myself I strayed to the other side and noticed at the dip stick there is a small hose gg into the black cover,but the other end is just hanging in the breeze,any ideas where it should be connected to??thanks ,hate to go to the dealer if I can help it,they scare me!!

It should go into the hose that comes out of the turbo and into the air filter. There's a definite area where you see it should be connected. There are no clamps that hold it in...it sort of "clicks" into the hose.

showkey
09-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Without a picture hard to solve.....but there is a "loose hose" over in that area that is the fuel filter water drain.....check your owner's manual it explains the function and location of said hose.