'Lights on' Buzzer

gjvander

My 2007 Sprinter does not have a buzzer that alerts you when you leave the lights on after you take the key out of the ignition. Is that standard, or is the buzzer not functioning?

Geo

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
My 2007 Sprinter does not have a buzzer that alerts you when you leave the lights on after you take the key out of the ignition. Is that standard, or is the buzzer not functioning?

Geo
I don't have a buzzer either. My instrument cluster will report that the key is in the ignition while the engine's off and (I think ) the driver door is open; the lights on if the lights are on... but there is no audible warning.

Where did you read that your Sprinter will make a noise if your lights are on and your engine's off (or driver door is closed, or whatever)?

-Jon

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
Mine will chime, lights on, key out, Door open. Until mother MB thinks you are getting out of the van it assumes you are leaving the lights on with purpose.

gjvander

I don't think my Sprinter chimes even when the door is open.

I did not read that it is supposed to do it, it is more a 'like to have' since I have been known to leave the Sprinter with the lights on, adding entropy to our universe.

Geo

Top Bottom