PDA

View Full Version : ihave 2004 2500 sprinter i am stuck second gear

esraemre1303
09-14-2010, 04:30 AM
hi somebody help me find my problem j have problem i am stuck in second gear i change tcm not help me i change conducter plate speed sensor still i have same problem please help me guys find my problem anyone has idea why i stuck second gear thanks if anyone know the problem please thanks also i dont have any check engine light since 3 months i have this problem thanks

Curmudgeon
09-14-2010, 04:59 AM
hi somebody help me find my problem j have problem i am stuck in second gear i change tcm not help me i change conducter plate speed sensor still i have same problem please help me guys find my problem anyone has idea why i stuck second gear thanks if anyone know the problem please email me ugur1303@gmail.com thanks also i dont have any check engine light since 3 months i have this problem thanks

I have the same problem, but it would be better to solve this in the forum and not use email. A few questions:

Reverse still works ?

It shifts hard (clunk) when you go from drive to reverse ?

Have you done a pin-to-pin check of the electrical-harness between the conductor-plate-connector and the TCM ?

What error codes are showing up ?

How are you clearing TCM of error codes ?

abittenbinder
09-14-2010, 05:21 AM
I have the same problem, but it would be better to solve this in the forum and not use email. A few questions:

Reverse still works ?

Have you done a pin-to-pin check of the electrical-harness between the conductor-plate-connector and the TCM ?

Certain transmission default modes (LHM) result in electrical shut-down of the solenoids on the valve body's circuit board. This results in 2nd and reverse remaining with mechanical cable selection.

The harsh clunk upon selection occurs because shift and modulating pressure are also no longer being controlled by their electrical solenoids and are therefore at maximum values.

Transmission codes must be cleared in the TCM as well as TCM companion codes in the ECM. Also important to check for any rear wheel speed sensor codes in the ABS module and any loss of com codes related to TCM/ABS operation. Doktor A

esraemre1303
09-14-2010, 06:49 AM
thank u for responde what happen was sprinter service clear the code sorry i dont know the code thanks anyway

esraemre1303
09-14-2010, 07:03 AM

Reverse still works ?

thank u i dont know the codes but service cleared and what they think my trans clutch not working and coast the probem my sprinter only 106 000 km thanks anyway

esraemre1303
09-14-2010, 07:07 AM
sorry to ask what is the solenoids valve where is located and speed sensor can lock u second gear thanks

Curmudgeon
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
sorry to ask what is the solenoids valve where is located and speed sensor can lock u second gear thanks

The solenoids are mounted in pairs on top of the Valve-Body inside the transmission. They control fluid flow based on an electrical signal provided by the TCM.

The rear-wheel speed-sensor (one on each side) are mounted at the rear hubs. These sensors provide wheel rotation speed information to the ABS and to other modules.

Curmudgeon
09-15-2010, 02:12 AM
thank u for responde what happen was sprinter service clear the code sorry i dont know the code thanks anyway

Nereye alışveriş onarım nedir?

esraemre1303
09-23-2010, 04:18 AM
anybody has any idea please help me

hkpierce
09-23-2010, 04:50 PM
anybody has any idea please help me

??? Seems to me that is exactly what people are doing. Now you need to take that information and, if necessary, come back with the results so that people can respond to the new information.

Narcis Dragomir
09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem when we took a cross country trip, San Diego - Montreal, Canada. After crossing the mountains at almost 12,000 feet altitude in Denver, CO, the transmission was in LMH, only second gear and reverse. Drove to the dealer in Denver and as I remember it was a P2222 code stored and they cleared it and no problem for the next 6000 miles. On the way back, crossing the mountains on I-8 from desert towards San Diego it happened again. Turned off and on the engine three times and everything was fine again. When we arrived in San Diego it went back in LHM and we ended up taking it to the dealer. They could not find anything wrong with the van and no codes. It cured on its own. Since then I installed a transmission cooler from Upscale and crossed the mountains 4 more times, no problem. With all this I was in touch with Doctor A several times over the phone and his advice is priceless. I got the DAD, and love it. I don't know if the transmission cooler helped the problem or not. Sometimes I pull a cargo trailer and I thought would be good to have one installed. Now I have no codes on TCM or ECM but do have one under ESP/ABS and is C113A . I looked for the code and could not find one in the book. Any idea? Thank you,

narcis

esraemre1303
07-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi my problem is back since 6 months everything good but last week i stuck again second gear please anybody idea,or my brake switch can coast this one , thanks problem i dont have any code