PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the arrival of "Nomad"

Jobby
09-11-2010, 11:09 PM
2010 M2CA 144, conceived in April, delivered a week ago.
Color: Brilliant Silver Metallic. Other features (in no particular order):High Roof, Parking Aid System, Security Package, VO1 Premium Package, Window Package II, Alloy Wheels, Suspension CF4, Rear Dual Springs C39, Vibration Absorber, Rear Backup Alarm, and yes, he has all his wheels!

Purchased from Mercedes Benz of Naples, Florida (my home town). Sales person was Curtiss Alden, who has been with the company for many years. He was very helpful, informed, and kept in touch with me via email during the gestation period. Mercedes Benz of Naples has full sprinter service facilities, two Sprinter certified mechanics and a dedicated customer representative on staff.

The van performed flawlessly during its recent trip from Naples to Michigan and the odometer now reads 1658.2 miles, driven under various "break in" conditions. Fuel consumption during this period: 21.5 miles/USgal.

After months of drawing various ambitious interior lay-outs I have simplified the floor plan to an elevated platform bed in the rear, with lots of storage below. A galley behind the drivers seat, extra seat behind passenger seat and some cabinets. This will suit the travel needs of the three of us and preserve some of the utility of this van. Sportsmobile of Indiana will do some of the upfitting and I plan to do the rest. I will share the results with you, if there is any interest.

Many thanks to all the forum members, who have inspired me!

Jurgen

Chandlerazman
09-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Congratulations to your new arrival! Looking really sharp. Excellent color for these vans :smilewink:

businessgypsy
09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Congrats, great paint choice. I used MB Naples for my initial 10K service. A class act, with the service facilities and personnel you expect. My local MB dealer in Fort Myers wouldn't make the investment, but it's only 30 miles, and MB Naples fronts me a sedan to grab lunch while they work.

Chandlerazman
09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
My semi-local dealer always fronts me a car too! Here is my latest... Next best thing when you need to carry a ladder, power tools and material :smilewink:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z229/Chandlerazman/Sprinter%20Van/GLK350.jpg

mean_in_green
09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Nice options, especially like the glazed rear doors and wheels. Have always liked the proportions of that wheelbase.

Please update the thread with your conversion as it progresses!