PDA

View Full Version : help im in limp home mode!

mgace2500
09-06-2010, 12:43 AM
2008 2500diesel sprinter 20,000 miles.this is what happened.changed the air filter.disconnected the two sensors on the filter box.removed filer and put back together.reconnected the sensors and started with no problem.now i try to put it in drive and i have like ALMOST NO POWER.i thin i am in limp mode.what can i do to reset this?my check engine light is on too.:idunno:

tnesc
09-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Check air intake piping from air cleaner to turbo. See if you pulled it off at turbo. If so loosen hose clamp and install back on turbo. Happens all the time.:thumbup:

Aqua Puttana
09-06-2010, 01:26 AM
changed the air filter.disconnected the two sensors on the filter box.removed filter and put back together.

I'd first double-check everything in the area of what you worked on. Go back over everything in the area of what you did. Are all the hoses back in place? Did you knock an unrelated hose or electrical connector loose? Are all the hoses and connectors which you removed fully seated and back into place? On my T1N I needed to rotate a hose related electrical connector a bit during my water pump change. The position may not have been critical, but I didn't take that chance and returned it to original position when I was done.:idunno:

If the Sprinter was running fine before the filter change, it is most likely related to something which is not back where it should be. This is said without ever having seen your vehicle. Good luck. vic

icarus
09-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Both ends of the air hose between the Air filter housing and the turbo are prone to come off. I second,, checking the hoses.

Good luck,

Icarus

mgace2500
09-06-2010, 01:37 AM
thanks for the info.checked the air intake hose at the turbo and it was loose.:thumbup: