Printing out Maintenance Procedures.

PeterInSa

I keep a printout of maintenance procedures eg Fuel Filter Replacement/Water Pump replacement in a folder in our Sprinter, but its not a professional printout. I copy page by page into word, then collapse the boxes that show the persons details who made comments on the thread, to fit the page. To me the Forum is set up as a table of 4 colums and I am trying to get a 1 column write up.

Any suggestions.

Peter

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I'm trying to get a one column write up,Thats like a book of references in the long run you end up with multiple columns.
Red Book A to Z, With notarization on each page as your Sprinter progress through the miles as time passes by..

sikwan

06 Tin Can
From your browser, have you tried printing it? If you have a "print to PDF" utility you could do that. The problem with doing this is the pictures are separated into their own page (waste of space).

On the top of each page, under Thread Tools, you can either "Show Printable Version" or "Download this Thread." The first one only shows attachment links and the 2nd one on prints the text version.

I don't see your four columns. :idunno:

psalm66

Peter: As I understand you (speaking from a Word 2007 perspective): you are, in effect, doing a "Control A" to highlight the whole Forum page, "Control C" to copy it, "Control P" to paste it into Word and then removing parts of what you copied (or, reformatting the table boxes that result from the paste). You may find using the "Eraser" to be of some value in that process (icon visible once a table is inserted under "Design", "Draw Borders" menu at top right which is visible once a table is on the page).
If you meant something else. please let me know.

PeterInSa

Thanks for your replies, which I will follow up.
My download procedure with this current thread (without photos) using Internet Explorer and an older version of word, Was in IE go to Edit (next to File) , hold down the mouse button and highlight the thread content, after the first description the details of the first person who answered the thread are high lighted, at bottom of the page I select copy from the Edit box and paste into Word.

On this thread when I pasted into word had 3 separate tables eg 1 box for :
Sikwan
View public profile
Send a PM
Send an email etc
One box for Silwan details
Argh... I'm etc
One for for the Thread detail

On the Serpertentine Belt Replacment Thread to print out, I reduced the width of the profile box and details box so I could print the thread out.

Thanks again for your input, I will follow up your suggestions.

Peter

Top Bottom