PDA

View Full Version : Those Little Vent Thingies???

Old Crows
08-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Our Four Winds Ventura has four black plastic 'vent thingies' located in the rounded corners of the rear body work. They are about 1' off the floor, two on each side and have diagonal grills and appear to be vents. They are about 2+" square. On our vehicle they are mounted in the vinyl trim work.

Does any one know what they are?

If they are cabin vents.... where do they vent to on the outside of the 'box?'

Thanks in advance.

Happy
09-08-2010, 02:04 AM
I have no idea either, and would also like to know!
Bump! :cheers:

ThomasM
09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
These are to help you close the doors easier. When you shut the big doors, the air in the car will be so compressed you canīt get them close without a whole to get the air out. Some have problems with the shorter Sprinters cause the air wont find the way to these wholes.

Graphite Dave
11-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Where do they vent to? If they are for air flow they need to vent to the outside. I have looked but can not find any openings on the outside. Has anyone seen what is hidden by the back bumper? Maybe there are vent openings behind the bumper.

ircsmith
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
there are undead vents behind the bumper on either side. oval vents about 80mm x 150mm with rubber flaps to encourage air flow out of the van.

Old Crows
11-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Where do they vent to? If they are for air flow they need to vent to the outside. I have looked but can not find any openings on the outside. Has anyone seen what is hidden by the back bumper? Maybe there are vent openings behind the bumper.

I think the 'valve' is hidden behind the bumper's fascia.

gerrym51
11-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Our Four Winds Ventura has four black plastic 'vent thingies' located in the rounded corners of the rear body work. They are about 1' off the floor, two on each side and have diagonal grills and appear to be vents. They are about 2+" square. On our vehicle they are mounted in the vinyl trim work.

Does any one know what they are?

If they are cabin vents.... where do they vent to on the outside of the 'box?'

Thanks in advance.

go to the cyclevan website. cyclevan.com I believe the side vents you are talking about are in their list of sprinter accesories. i saw pictures of them on that site

gerry :thumbup: