PDA

View Full Version : what is this and why is in off angle?

ircsmith
08-15-2010, 02:09 AM
while changing the fuel filter today my supervisor (neighbor with a sprinter) noticed this tube going into a turbo port(?) was not centered real well. not sure what it does and if it could cause a problem in the future. any ideas f0omr our sprinter gurus here? bothers me because there is a gap on top I can stick my finger nail in and that just seems wrong.

piper1
08-15-2010, 05:39 AM
The black plastic part is your turbo resonator, the aluminum pipe is the turbo outlet pipe. It doesn't appear to be leaking (no oily residue) but I'd make sure all parts are tight. Disturbing it, may cause a leak...you may want to see if the o-ring seal that is in there is available and have it handy..just in case.

jdcaples
08-15-2010, 10:46 PM
The third picture down shows the angle of my turbo resonator.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28808&postcount=1

Hope it helps.

-Jon

ircsmith
08-18-2010, 02:25 AM
The third picture down shows the angle of my turbo resonator.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28808&postcount=1

Hope it helps.

-Jon

yours looks to be seated a much better angle. Now I'm going to have to correct mine. it will plague me until I do.

Aqua Puttana
08-18-2010, 02:51 AM
it will plague me until I do.

As it would me.:thumbup: The one in your pic just looks too out of place. Perhaps it's simply a matter of loosening the TR bracket and repositioning? vic

ircsmith
08-18-2010, 06:17 PM
that is what I had in mind for this Saturday. loosen here and there, wiggle everything into its proper place and tighten back down.

staph infection
08-22-2010, 05:30 PM
So ircsmith how'd that go for you?
Well I hope.

flman
08-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I looked at mine it is pretty straight as well.

ircsmith
08-23-2010, 02:16 AM
have not done it yet. got sidetracked with the honeydo list....haha......van is not going to be used until thursday so the plan is to take it to work and do it there. better set of torx sockets and I want to fabricate the aluminum brackets for my LED strip at the same time.

ircsmith
08-30-2010, 06:51 PM
finally got to my issue because I have to use the van this week. had to loosen up a few brackets and remove the resonator. the tube coming from the turbo was not seated all the way and the green o-ring was not sealing on the face of the turbo it was intended to. instead it was only sealing around the circumference of the tube. not terrible but not ideal either. cleaned it and put it back in place. had to loosen up four points to get the bracket to move. guess they want to make sure this thing never moves on its own. the seal on the resonator that goes into the other end of the tube has a nice grove that fits into a detente in the tube. mine was not even close. slippled the resonator back in and had a little trouble getting the single bolt in back lined up. once it was in had to move the bracket in front of the resonator. again found that this bracket has a few more mounting points than I would of guessed. of course one point is under the resonator and I could not get a tool on it. out comes the resonator and that hard to get to bolt in back of it...grrrr. I tried to get a shot of the bolt in the last picture. its the light spot under the resonator.

Aqua Puttana
08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Perhaps it's simply a matter of loosening the TR bracket and repositioning? vic

I think I jinxed you.

Thanks for the follow-up and pictures. vic

ircsmith
09-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Nah...thats just my lot in life. it I didn't bad luck I would have no luck at all.

had to give something back to this forum. all the help I have indirectly gotten has been a huge help.

cheers