fuel gauge!!!

dealer39

Hello everybody!
I have another question for all!!!

So every fill up I am only putting 20 gallons in. But it said that the fuel tank is 26 gallons!!

Well my main reason for raising this thread from the dead is to ask:
Does the last bar go clear like the rest, wihout being bone dry of course?
Thanksss

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hello everybody!

So every fill up I am only putting 20 gallons in. But it said that the fuel tank is 26 gallons!!

Thanksss
When your yellow fuel warning marker comes on ..that is on a flat highway run you have up to 60 kilometers 36 miles before expiry, but that is questionable as to your speed?
I have a 72 liter tank with reserve fuel about three liters plus the lines hold a liter and the fuel filter plus fuel to injectors hold another half liter,
Photo is an example of my van holding 80 liters of fuel well above MB's specifications.
Last fuel trip,returned 1000 Kilometers or 600 miles on a re-fill of 76 liters
DSC01248 (Custom) (4) (Custom).JPG
DSC00335(1) (Custom).JPG
PS The tank was not empty at 78 litres

dealer39

When your yellow fuel warning marker comes on ..that is on a flat highway run you have up to 60 kilometers 36 miles before expiry, but that is questionable as to your speed?
I have a 72 liter tank with reserve fuel about three liters plus the lines hold a liter and the fuel filter plus fuel to injectors hold another half liter,
Photo is an example of my van holding 80 liters of fuel well above MB's specifications.
Last fuel trip,returned 1000 Kilometers or 600 miles on a re-fill of 76 liters
View attachment 25375
View attachment 25374
PS The tank was not empty at 78 litres
that is cool!!!!)))):cheers:

showkey

When my fuel light comes on I have 5.5 to 6 gallons left or 65 to 85 miles before it's bone dry........

2008 chassis RV

icarus

My "empty light" comes on every time, and I have always stopped within ~10 miles, and have always put in just about 20 gallons, giving me what I expect to be ~60 miles to go safely. (that said, the light does it's job, since mine goes from 3 pips to 1 in no time, so when the light comes on it "scares me" enough to get to the nearest fuel.

Icarus

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
My "empty light" comes on every time, and I have always stopped within ~10 miles, and have always put in just about 20 gallons, giving me what I expect to be ~60 miles to go safely. (that said, the light does it's job, since mine goes from 3 pips to 1 in no time, so when the light comes on it "scares me" enough to get to the nearest fuel.

Icarus
your as bad as me, how far can you push it...:smilewink:
Richard

cedarsanctum

re: Member
I was playing with the computer in the fancy dash we got and when the light comes on it will often tell me the range is 90-110 miles. I, too, am afraid to push it to empty and will seek fuel when the light comes on. Lately i've pushed that and gone another 50 miles, and the gauge still shows 1 bar like when the light comes on. I doubt if i've ever put more than 20 gallons in on fill up, but i'd have to check that. It would be interesting to know.

Jef

dealer39

I was playing with the computer in the fancy dash we got and when the light comes on it will often tell me the range is 90-110 miles. I, too, am afraid to push it to empty and will seek fuel when the light comes on. Lately i've pushed that and gone another 50 miles, and the gauge still shows 1 bar like when the light comes on. I doubt if i've ever put more than 20 gallons in on fill up, but i'd have to check that. It would be interesting to know.

Jef
You said fancy dash!!
Not every dash is telling you the range??? I cant find it on mine! I thought that its just hard to find it! Now i see that I probably dont have one!!!??:thinking:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
You have either the high line digital dash, or analog both show fuel warning lights. You can not miss the yellow canary. when it goes off,and stays steady.
I have included the early NCV pdf 2005/09 not after as to engine changes for emissions etc, everything you need to know is in it, be aware some Global aspects are not applicable to your NAFTA N/A..Sprinter.
Download it and place in documents it's a valuable tool to have,as to referencing.It's a good read your dash set up is in there too.
View attachment ARL_SPRINTER2005.pdf
Cheers Richard

dealer39

You have either the high line digital dash, or analog both show fuel warning lights. You can not miss the yellow canary. when it goes off,and stays steady.
I have included the early NCV pdf 2005/09 not after as to engine changes for emissions etc, everything you need to know is in it, be aware some Global aspects are not applicable to your NAFTA N/A..Sprinter.
Download it and place in documents it's a valuable tool to have,as to referencing.It's a good read your dash set up is in there too.
View attachment 25381
Cheers Richard
thank you man! But I meant if it shows for how many miles I have diesel!!))))

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
thank you man! But I meant if it shows for how many miles I have diesel!!))))
Sixty miles sounds right at 65 mph, but if your flat footing it, then less maybe! No one has ever actually shown a test of x=e as to differnt Sprinter models and loads etc.
Do you want to be the guinea pig.:bounce:
Richard.

Mrdi

Coming from Colorado to CA.( 08-144- Hi)
Mixed Hwy/Mtn, 3 hours of speeds exceeding 70.
Light went on at 425 miles.
Continued 25 miles to fuel fill.
Total miles at fill 450.
Total fuel at fill 21.9 gallons.
I estimate 20.5 MPG.
3 gallons remaining in tank.
Good for another 40 miles?

18 wheelers from Gallup NM towards Flagstaff AZ play tag at 80mph +
Big potholes make it interesting.
Much rather navigate the Divide.

cedarsanctum

re: Member
You said fancy dash!!
Not every dash is telling you the range??? I cant find it on mine! I thought that its just hard to find it! Now i see that I probably dont have one!!!??:thinking:
We have the steering wheel buttons and hi-line dash. I don't know how much the low-line dash shows, but this one shows current mpg, avg. speed, time and mileage since start on one screen and since reset on another, and remaining range on a third. The current mpg reading must be given at least 100 miles to average out, and may be more accurate after driving all day. It's now become a bit of a novelty on trips, but does keep me aware of using fuel sparingly trying to keep the mileage up.
Jef

twistyroad

Hello everybody!

Thanksss
All the info I have says my fuel tank is 25 gal.

When my fuel light comes on I have 5.5 to 6 gallons left or 65 to 85 miles before it's bone dry........

2008 chassis RV
My low-fuel light comes on with about 5 gallons remaining. I've run as much as 91 miles with the light on (at a little over 70mph), and it took 24.0 gal to refill.

kmessinger

I've run as much as 91 miles with the light on (at a little over 70mph), and it took 24.0 gal to refill.
Very close! That's good enough for me. I have run 50-60 miles (Mt. McKinnely view point to just south of Denali) but you get the I AM BRAVE award!

Regards,

Keith

Chandlerazman

I pushed the limit yesterday with about 90 miles of driving with the light on. When I went to fill up, I put in a total of 24.250 gallons in. The total mileage on that tank was 420. Not bad for a van driven semi-hard in excessive heat with the a/c on.

Top Bottom