PDA

View Full Version : Crafter Conversion (Front end look)

ctmcdaniel
06-07-2007, 05:29 AM
So what whould it take to change my dodgy front end to a crafter?

Can't leave it a dodge and MB is a bit u p s c a l e.

It would also look good next to the R32.

Tom

Oh when they build it will be a 144" reg roof cargo, brilliant silver with crew seating option. Should see it in about 5 to 6 months.

T

sikwan
06-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Already planning for mods? :laughing: That would be something.

I think it'll take a lot time and a lot of money. I've seen a few front clips swapped in GMC and Chevy vehicles, but at least the parts are local. The crafter parts do not even exist in the US.

:idunno:

Altered Sprinter
06-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Man thats quick
A Crafty Sprinter cool:smilewink:
OK two front guards and lights they plug and play so no wiring changeover problems
Hood change as this is a fibreglass unit
rear lights
Engine change and transmission as the Crafter retains the old 5 cylinder engine and the improved six speed quick shift known by Mercedes as Sprint shift, VW has improved the trans as well as the engine , it even has the new injector system :drool:
Hub caps AND A NEW AIR BAG FOR VW
APRT FROM THAT THEY ARE THE SAME WITH EXCEPTION OF AXLE WEIGHTS.
RICHARD

ctmcdaniel
06-07-2007, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=sikwan;7328]Already planning for mods? :laughing: That would be something.

I thought you were required to prove you had plans to alter your sprinter before you were allowed to buy it.

Oh I'm not "planning mods" I'm "bahausing it out".

Tom

ctmcdaniel
06-07-2007, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=Altered Sprinter;7329]Man thats quick
A Crafty Sprinter cool:smilewink:
OK two front guards and lights they plug and play so no wiring changeover problems
Hood change as this is a fibreglass unit
rear lights

Richard thanks for the concrete info... I'm too cheap to do this. I guess I well have to wait until I become filthy rich or someone crashes out the front clip.

I will stick with a simple de badging to start with.

Tom

Altered Sprinter
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
No crafty Crafters for the US:idunno:
surely someone will do it:drool:
Richard
Whats a few grand on top of the Dodge price:lol:
Richard
Dam were both at it now:bash:

ctmcdaniel
06-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Richard

Will the new crafter tail lights fit any new sprinter?

Tom

Altered Sprinter
06-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Crafty VW Crafter lights drop into any 07 Model Dodge not the old series, the profile is the same as Mercedes with sheet metal work they are quite neat
Richard

jdcaples
04-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Tom!

I you're not alone, dude! There's a market for your notion!

Courtesy of Kent Christensen's posting (http://mbca.cartama.net/showthread.php?p=139467#post139467) on mbca.cartama.net.

http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_64&products_id=618

http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_64&products_id=644

Can we talk about anything else besides the price? I'm bored with numbers.

-Jon

sikwan
04-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Neat! Thanks Jon. :thumbup:

ctmcdaniel
04-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Jon

SOLD!

So when the Crafter front clip is installed will my fake crafter be more fake or less fake?

Discuss

thanx

Tom McD

PS Answering the daily question of "What is that your driving" is becoming increasingly complicated.

jdcaples
04-26-2008, 01:58 AM
Jon

SOLD!

So when the Crafter front clip is installed will my fake crafter be more fake or less fake?

Discuss

thanx

Tom McD

PS Answering the daily question of "What is that your driving" is becoming increasingly complicated.

Tom, did you buy that kit?

Ok, so when your Crafter's front clip is installed it will be a more genuine badging than North American NCV3s sporting the MB "conversion" kits.

The reason: blood (tell me you didn't bleed), sweat (it was summer, you had to sweat) and tears (ok, I bet you didn't cry, but I'm not sacrificing the word play for your mahcheezmo), patience and importing pieces by hand and deduction w/o any first hand experience.

I bet the vendor saw your Crafter on the web or in real life and decided to go for it since they already have vw contacts in the EU.

-Jon

ctmcdaniel
04-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Jon-

Yes i cleaned out their stock on crafter front clips,they are sending by yellow freight this week.

They are trying to find me a steering wheel badge too...

I wonder what would it take to add the fog lights to the fake crafter... not that i searched the forum yet or anything.

Tom McD

Napabavarian
05-19-2019, 04:54 PM
I found this shovel and dug up this twelve year old thread, has anyone else pulled this off? It has crossed my mind a time or two, especially if my next bus is a dodge...