PDA

View Full Version : 229.51 Oil on Sale

piper1
07-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Valvoline Synpower MST 5W40 (MB 229.51 approved) is on sale at NAPA ($4.99 qt) and O'Reillys ($3.99 qt) this month. I'd call ahead if you are going to an O'Reillys as they seem to not keep much in the stores (like more than 5). The $3.99 is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere for a while.

ebsprintin
07-18-2010, 04:55 AM
Thanks, I've been minimizing my purchases until the next sale. This time, I'm really stocking up.

eb

HappyFamilyVan
07-18-2010, 05:05 AM
And I thought I had a good price...:cry:
I buy Moblie 1 ESP from my MB dealer for $5.94.

showkey
07-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Great tip, but looked at two NAPA and three O'Reilleys in Suburban Chicago all said that they did carry the MST Valvoline and NAPA said it was not in their catolog???
O'Reilleys in the area have all of the other Valvoline products on sale.
Pep Boys Mobile 1 ESP for $7.99 QT can be found $$$
Still looking 229.51 is like a scavenger hunt

piper1
07-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Tell your NAPA folks the part number is VAL 966 (same # at O'Reilly's too). The Chicago area warehouse stocks tons of it ( I usually buy mine when I'm in Elk Grove). The MST thing likely threw your counter guy for a loop as they don't list it that way.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=VAR966_0149778161 The picture in the link is of a bottle from 3-4 years ago (now gray) and the product description is out of date but it is the right oil. I just picked up 11 cases of the stuff. Not a bad price from Pep Boys for the Mobil ESP M either, although I really like HappyFamilyVan's price!! $5.94 is awesome.

ebsprintin
07-22-2010, 02:50 AM
I didn't have luck at the O'Reillys. Going to trackdown an O'Reilly distribution center to see what is available there. I did my stocking up this time at NAPA Louisville. After about five unsuccessful stops, I stopped stopping and asked for the distribution center. How do I spell cornacopia? I'm going straight to a distribution center next time. I have an inquiry into NAPA for a map or list of their distribution centers, so it is easiler to find them when on the fly.

eb

showkey
07-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Tell your NAPA folks the part number is VAL 966 (same # at O'Reilly's too). The Chicago area warehouse stocks tons of it ( I usually buy mine when I'm in Elk Grove). The MST thing likely threw your counter guy for a loop as they don't list it that way.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=VAR966_0149778161 The picture in the link is of a bottle from 3-4 years ago (now gray) and the product description is out of date but it is the right oil. I just picked up 11 cases of the stuff. Not a bad price from Pep Boys for the Mobil ESP M either, although I really like HappyFamilyVan's price!! $5.94 is awesome.

Thanks..............Went back to NAPA they found it!!!......but they said the price $7.49 per qt......I said everyone including O'Reilleys and NAPA has a sale for $4.99........They looked in a book and said OK $4.99.

The bottle is a little different does NOT MST but does say approved MB 229.51

Got 15 qts :bounce:

The scavenger hunt to find 229.51 at a good price is over :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks PIPER1:thumbup:

Now what do we do for fun:hmmm:.............take the Sprinter RV on vacation