Chrysler maxcare extended warranty

Chandlerazman

Anyone have this and can share input on the reality of this warranty?

I was quoted $2600 for a 5yr 100k mile extended warranty through my original selling dealer. I do believe this is a really great deal given the driving I put on Huey. With that said, for those of you that have it, how would you rate it? My Servicing MB dealer suggested I go the Chrysler warranty route as they pay claims far superior to the MB aftermarket warranty. The MB aftermarket warranty is a third party provider for all Dodge Sprinters if you choose to buy it through MB. I currently have about 25k on the van.
I am looking for feedback before I plop down the moolahs :smilewink:

steve08

did you google "Dodge Warranty"? There are several official dodge dealers selling the warranties at deep discount over the internet.

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
You could always find something to complain about to Chrystler and have them give you one for free :laughing:
The corp is giving these out like hot cakes for customer sat issues.

Chandlerazman

I don't like to complain. I just want the thing taken care of. Unless there is ignorance like my GMC dealer that forgot to bolt the wheels on my previous van, then all is fine. I did get a free oil change for the hassle :idunno:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Anyone have this and can share input on the reality of this warranty?

I was quoted $2600 for a 5yr 100k mile extended warranty through my original selling dealer. I do believe this is a really great deal given the driving I put on Huey. With that said, for those of you that have it, how would you rate it? My Servicing MB dealer suggested I go the Chrysler warranty route as they pay claims far superior to the MB aftermarket warranty. The MB aftermarket warranty is a third party provider for all Dodge Sprinters if you choose to buy it through MB. I currently have about 25k on the van.
I am looking for feedback before I plop down the moolahs :smilewink:
Don't do it.

I was given a free 7yr 100k no cost warranty by Chrysler, so far the only thing my local dealer has ever gotten right the first time is the free tow and the free rental. My warranty is toilet paper.

Except for the fine craftsmanship of a few really devoted and professional Sprinter techs, Chrysler no longer sells this product, they may soon sell a competing fiat and most of their really good Sprinter techs have bailed out for better offers with Mercedes who make the Sprinter and now realize the profit potential for this fine vehicle.

Kind of like the perfect storm for flushing your money, any questions?

Chandlerazman

Gary, I was told by my MB dealer (service advisor) that this warranty will be accepted by them. It is a third party warranty through Chrysler that is vin specific. :idunno:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
The confusing part about this whole Chrysler/Mercedes thing is conflicting information.
I too was told my Chrysler warranty would be honored by Mercedes, then told by the New Motor Vehicle Board (a government consumer protection agency), that if it was sold as a Dodge it would serviced as a Dodge, meaning any repairs on my Dodge made by Mercedes would be on my dime.

My past experiences with Mercedes tell me the Germans are great with promises until they have to put up their money to repair a problem. Then you can count on Mercedes taking the most profitable path for promises such as this with no formal prior written agreement. You can only count on a very gracious apology from Mercedes as you write the check.

Mercedes if you want to man up here with a written promise to honor Dodge extended warranties we would all love you forever...

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Don't do it.

I was given a free 7yr 100k no cost warranty by Chrysler, so far the only thing my local dealer has ever gotten right the first time is the free tow and the free rental. My warranty is toilet paper.

Except for the fine craftsmanship of a few really devoted and professional Sprinter techs, Chrysler no longer sells this product, they may soon sell a competing fiat and most of their really good Sprinter techs have bailed out for better offers with Mercedes who make the Sprinter and now realize the profit potential for this fine vehicle.

Kind of like the perfect storm for flushing your money, any questions?
Which way does your water rotate when you flush your money down the drain?

seans

I bought a Dodge (not third party) extended warranty for a used Dodge Caravan last decade. A few months later I went to the dealer with three issues and none were covered. One of these issues involved the wheel hubs. Seems that instead of installing a real wheel bearing, Dodge saved a buck by using the hub itself as the bearing race. Well, this failed and the race was scored so the entire hub (the part which mounts to the minivan and the part which the wheel attaches to) needed replacement at something like $200+ for parts alone. The dealer refused to do this under warranty and showed me the page in their warranty book that showed that this hub was not included (there were many pages of such items, IIRC.)

The only good part about the warranty was that I could get a pro-rated refund, so I was able to cancel the warranty and got most of my money back. When the air conditioning condensor failed a few years later while I was on the road, I was still way ahead of the game after using a local guy to fix it.

AlaskanAlpine

I just bought one of these for $3800, which seemed a bit steep. My 2007 I just bought has only 9000 miles on it, but the warranty expires in a couple months. I could afford it, and the complicated nature of this vehicle seems to justify the added expense. So far my experience with my local Dodge dealer has been mediocre at best. They performed my $430 oil change the same day I brought it in but couldn't seem to find anyone to even look at my AC issue (warranty) in the 4 days the had the vehicle. Hmmm...

I'm usually absolutely against warranties of any type, but I guess this is an exception. I absolutely did not consider buying from a third party, partially because I did not have time to adequately research it.

mbgtown

the "Sprinter Guy"
Here is what we (Mercedes-Benz of Georgetown) do here in Georgetown Texas.

There are basically two types of warranties. Those that are administered by the manufacture, i.e. Chrysler, Mercedes-Benz, and those that are administered by 3rd party companies. In regards to the 3rd party warranties, as long as we can verify your coverage and there is a covered repair, we honor all 3rd party warranties.

Now here is the latest about the Sprinter Vans that are badged Dodge and covered by a Chrysler warranty. Mercedes Benz has given us the ability to do "No-Cost Repairs" with the following criteria.

The repair is not part of either a Service or Recall Campaign.
The repair is not covered by an Extended Warranty, Service Contract or Maintenance Agreement.
The request for repair is customer initiated.
The vehicle is within the terms of the original manufacturer's warranties (i.e. New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW), Diesel Engine Limited Warranty, etc.)

So I hope you can see that Mercedes-Benz USA is serious about taking a sincere interest in all Sprinter owners. Here in Central Texas, we are almost done with our separate stand alone Sprinter 4 bay, air conditioned service facility to take care of our local and visiting Sprinter owners. We are working up plans for a Sprinter-Fest, Texas Style to give everyone a chance to see our new service facility and fellowship with all Sprinter owners. Details to follow in Sprinter-Forum updates.

yablsnibs

just got a max care extended warrenty from chrysler for FREE because of all the problems I've had,I own a 2008 144-passenger van

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
Congrats....FYI...if you do not have a good Sprinter tech at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership...check other dealerships.
Today I confirmed that my local BMW dealership would honor Chrysler extended warranties. They consider it a 3rd party warranty. BMW has certified diesel techs and my local BMW dealership has an ex-Sprinter tech....whi knew:thinking:

Chandlerazman

My local MB dealer suggested I go this route. They [local MB dealer] accept 3rd party carriers. (Schumacher European)

Top Bottom