The Devil's Kitchen

Able Wright

For Our Fellow Sprinterites...

I don't often post here, but we wanted to share a video from our trip last week with the Sprinter. Business takes us all over Montana and Wyoming in our 2008 Sprinter, which is setup as 1/3 tool room, 1/3 mobile office, and the rest camper. Last week we were in Greybull, Wyoming working on their city water system and had to travel on to eastern Montana over the Bighorn Mtns. Along the way we stopped in at "The Devil's Kitchen" to enjoy lunch (get it ?) and take in the sights.

In the attached video you will see our Sprinter in the backgraound up on top of the canyon rim. It's a lonely place, without another person in sight. Bizarre is the only word that comes to mind to describe it. For you geology buffs this is a dramatic example of the prehistoric Cloverly Formation. Badlands Paradise. Not far from Butch Cassidy's original haunts.

Here is the link to the video. Hopefully, it will come through without too many buffering delays.

http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums...els/?action=view&current=TheDevilsKitchen.mp4

Believe you me; I tightened up my shoe laces good and tight before heading out on the point. It was worth the trip.

Best Regards...

Mitch

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Neat Mitch: If you hang around long enough in time, you'll get to see the devils marbles down under in Gondwanaland ,but that's another extension to your traveling trail's.
Richard

Able Wright

If the wind had been blowing much harder, I could have flapped my wings and soared (plummeted ?) off the edge. Especially with the precarious nature of the unraveling top layer of rock, the place is probably not OSHA approved. The 360 deg video started at the top end of the point, as shown below.

Thankfully, the government hasn't put up handrails, or barricaded it off yet. The place is still original and untouched. Not even a Terp Center. Due to the limited road signs in the area and the lack of map presence, it's actually kind of hard to find - you have to "discover" it on your own. I wish more of the American West was still like this.

Altered: I'd love to see those "Devil's Marbles" someday. Got any photos?

Best Regards...

Mitch

Last edited:

KL2BE

For Our Fellow Sprinterites...

Badlands Paradise. Not far from Butch Cassidy's original haunts.

Mitch
Looks a lot like Butch & Sundance's final haunt near Tupiza, Bolivia :hmmm:; they must have felt right at home :frown:.

PS: Anyone who ever finds themselves in Tupiza must take the train to Uyuni; unquestionably the most fantastic of the six RR trips I have taken that each bill themselves as "the most scenic train ride in the world".

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Mitch: I'm currently up in Launcston wet and :rant:I'll drop two of the Devil's Photo's in ,when I come home.
Just step back another 6 million years after nature takes it's final steps in grinding down a mountain or two.
PS No safety rails! Now your game with the sands of time crumbling away,under your feet.:crazy:
Cheers Richard

Top Bottom