Static in AM only

manxman

I have bad static in AM mode only while engine is running. Engine off clear reception. Is there a cure for this? like maybe a suppresser put somewhere inline to the hot wire to radio. Thanks...

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
I have bad static in AM mode only while engine is running. Engine off clear reception. Is there a cure for this? like maybe a suppresser put somewhere inline to the hot wire to radio. Thanks...
yes the sprinters electronics are very noisy:thinking: i listen to AM sometimes but i cant hear much when using the wipers or flashers unless the signal is very strong.:idunno:

maybe a suppressor might help but ive never tried one.

max..........:popcorn:

pgr

I replaced my factory radio with a high quality Jap one and AM reception is still very poor, even with the antenna amplifier plugged in. I think we just have to accept the fact that Sprinters do not get very good AM reception because of the antenna design and the fact that AM reception never has been very good in any vehicle. Perhaps the HiDef AM radios and stations are better?

I only listen to PBS on the FM band, personally, as the rest is mostly garbage in my opinion. I usually just listen to my iPod through the radio.

pgr

sikwan

06 Tin Can
For some reason I have no problem listening to my Sprinter antenna and Panasonic deck. :idunno: The only thing I experienced was the fade out when going underneath the overpasses, but that was fixed when I provided power to the antenna.

It also helps that the radio station that I listen to is transmitting at 50,000 watts of power. :smirk:

Top Bottom