2002-2003 Manifold recall

galvinize

Have read some posts which regard the manifold replacement as a "can of worms". Has anyone had their manifold replaced with no subsequent problems? Also, having had the manifold replaced, has the Dodge mechanic shown you the signs of interior corrosion?

I fear the Dodge service department might consider this recall a bother, and do an indifferent job.

sprintin mikey

Had my 350k mile 02' Dream Van
done back in July/August 2010.

Before the recall work, only had black smoke when I gunned it.   
Now, after putting California fuel (very high sulfur content)
In my baby on wheels, 
I have a perpetual stream of smoke over 55mph. 
I feel like James Bond, 
but I'm a free hugger, so
I also feel like a **** 
:(especially to motorcycles, bicyclists and pedestrians)!
Also, have had a loss of power, and oil leakage all over the front of my engine under the EGR & Air intake.  

I pitched a fit to have Mercedes work on it, as I refused to allow 
My local Freightliner to touch it, 
And my local Dodge A Holes refused to work on it
(But, they do like to yell at me tho).  

Had to call the 1-800 Benz people to have their "top tier" Customer "Care" people
 repeat the word "Behooves"
To me a million times, telling me there was nothing they could do.  I'd have to take it to Freightliner. 

They rethought that after a day (guess they realized I had started writing my experience down to warn other potential Mercedes Owners).  They called me and approved Mercedes to fix it.  

Now, trying to get a Sprinter tech to simply look at my Air intake, which is covered in Oil, just to see if it is a warranty issue,  is impossible.  

At Wits End AGAIN!    
Had many good suggestions for possible problems (Mainly EGR), but want a qualified technician to look at it before I go messing around with things which might void the warranty on the warranty work.  

I LOVE this Truck, 
But I HATE Dealing with:
Dodge,
Freightliner,
Mercedes,
And Chrysler Diamler in General!

Any other suggestions would be welcomed more than u could know!

Also, I'm really looking for someone trustworthy to work on my Precious......Precious!

In Arizona, but I am willing to travel to a good tech (as long as I can make it there:)

mikey

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Also, I'm really looking for someone trustworthy to work on my Precious......Precious!

In Arizona, but I am willing to travel to a good tech (as long as I can make it there:)/B]

Mikey, I'd drive it to Dr A in Pittsburg if this was my situation.

Top Bottom