Any on-line store suggestion for transmission oil change?

Zymurgy

Buckeye Zymurgist
I have read a great write-up on changing the transmission oil and filter. I have my list of parts for the oil change, now I just need a suggestion on where to buy my stuff. The Europarts of San Deigo appears to be out of business, which was suggested in the write-up.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Zymurgy

Buckeye Zymurgist
I spent most of the evening searching on-line and I found a web site http://www.autohausaz.com/

I don't know if anyone has used the site but it had all the items that the Europarts store had for a similar discount and free shipping. They say that they have been around since 1979.

I used a list of items from a write-up list and they had everything from the transmission filter kit and dipstick, down to aluminium washers and lock pin for the filler cap.

Last edited:

shortshort

Dis member
I have read a great write-up on changing the transmission oil and filter. I have my list of parts for the oil change, now I just need a suggestion on where to buy my stuff. The Europarts of San Deigo appears to be out of business, which was suggested in the write-up.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Europarts is very much alive. Steve is on a short vacation for the 4th.

Yesterday their site had the message that they were closed for vacation and would reopen in September of 2009. Looks like they used an old web page to announce their vacation for this year.

chris118

I just did an order with them saturday morning the 26th, and got the package on monday the 28th!
no rush charges, just using USPS!

they deserve a vacation!

Zymurgy

Buckeye Zymurgist
Yesterday their site had the message that they were closed for vacation and would reopen in September of 2009. Looks like they used an old web page to announce their vacation for this year.
I wondered if that might be the case. When I was searching on-line their name always came up.

I think I might have found an additional site in the process. I placed an order with Autohausaz and they e-mailed and then called me on the phone, on Saturday, to let me know that the transmission fluid I ordered was for a 7 speed trany and not a 5 speed, like the other parts I ordered. It is nice to find out that someone is not just blindly filling the order or that it is some temporary help that doesn't know any better.:thumbup:

I don't know what damage, if any, I could have done, but I wouldn't have known any different if I had just added the wrong fluid. I would have had the wrong fluid in there for another 80,000 miles, if I didn't mess the trany up before that.

Top Bottom