Anyone have this cause a limp mode?

Zymurgy

Buckeye Zymurgist
I went through the forum and found some causes for LHM. I changed my fuel filter I am ashamed to admit that it was the original on my 04 with 82,000 miles. I thought for sure it was that but no.

I hoped it wasn't the turbo or EGR. I cleaned the sensor before the turbo again advise from a post. I cleaned and oiled the linkage on the turbo itself. I thought for sure that was going to be it.

It was when I was about to close the hood when I spoted some thing wrong. Nearly dead center in full view a crack probably 4" long on the hose drawing cool air into the turbo. I went and got the universal fix it tool, duct tape. I taped it up good and when for a spin. I knew immediately that I found the problem that I have had for over 2 months and really bad the last week. I had my turbo back. I floored it for the first time in months and it took off:bounce: I have my sprinter back:rad:Cold air intake hose (Large).jpg

bc339

Oh, yeah. There are many that have experienced the same thing, including me. Several posts on the intercooler hose splits, watch for the lower hose to split, too. Did you change that one?
Bruce

famof8

Famof8 + 1 = Famof9!
I changed my fuel filter I am ashamed to admit that it was the original on my 04 with 82,000 miles.
Don't be too ashamed. I finally changed my fuel filter this last oil change at 224,000 miles after I noticed some odd idling patterns. Figured I would change it since it had not been done since I bought the van a year ago. To my surprise the date code was 2006 on the filter. I know quite a bit of work was done on the van in '06 by the original owner, at about 120,000 miles. So that would make about 100,000 miles between changes. No more idling issues and I sleep better at night knowing it is done. :laughing:

Top Bottom