heater core/ evap. schematic?

MIK3

Does anyone have a schematic to this area. Need to figure out the easiest way to access a mouse nest.

mik3

MIK3

After looking the situation over, I dont think I have a dead creature in the core. I found no evidence of any nesting, and tried blowing compressed air throughout the ducts. There is however a similar odor that blasts out when the heat or AC is first turned on after being off overnight.

Anyone have ideas?:idunno:
m

Anyone have ideas?:idunno:
m
Not any Sprinter specific ideas, but some experience. The Dodge vans used the fender cavity as part of the intake air duct system for the HVAC. I found that leaves would accumulate, get wet, rot, and then have a bad odor which was pulled into the van. In that case I actually drilled access holes at the inside bottom of the fender cavity with a hole saw so I could hook the debris out. Those holes also allowed the leaves to dry out if any did get in there again.

Come to think of it there are some drain holes in the Sprinter which are known to plug up. On my T1N there is one on each side below the windshield. There are also some under the vehicle. I use a stiff cable tie to clear the drains. I think it is less scratchy than a piece of iron wire.

I suppose one of those Home Depot spiky sink drain hair/clog removers might work too.
d08476fb-3a46-4ce5-9fa0-a3d07dabfa81_300.jpg

A search from the blue bar may get you some specific info about the drain/weep holes. I remember it being discussed here before.

If the condensate drain on your evaporator is plugged you may be getting some funky water building up in that catch pan. Have you cleaned or replaced your cabin filter lately? It may be due. Good luck. vic

Last edited:

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
Remove the cabin air filter, run the fan on high speed and spray Febreeze (or something similar) into the HVAC air intake (behind the filter you took out). Cycle the air control through all the positions (defrost, vent , floor) and you will have nice smelling ductwork in no time. I do mine this way every time I change the filter which, is about every 6 months.

On a safety note, I would not use an aerosol spray just in case there is something (?) that may trigger ignition in the system. Fire = bad.

MIK3

Remove the cabin air filter, run the fan on high speed and spray Febreeze (or something similar) into the HVAC air intake (behind the filter you took out). Cycle the air control through all the positions (defrost, vent , floor) and you will have nice smelling ductwork in no time. I do mine this way every time I change the filter which, is about every 6 months.

On a safety note, I would not use an aerosol spray just in case there is something (?) that may trigger ignition in the system. Fire = bad.
I like this, I'm on my way to get some Febreeze!
Thanks

Top Bottom