Help: No air blowing...

derstar

Sorry to bother you guys, but it happened again...

I was 500 km+ away from my house today, dropping something off as usual for my client in another city, and have to go home with out AC or any wind out from the air vents. (I always thought the top 2 are natural air as it increase wind speed at higher driving speed, which proved not now). Glad it wasn't too windy to open the windows on the highway, we have the tornado and earthquake happened 2 days ago.

So there is no wind blowing out no matter where i set the speed level (1 - 4). I had a 2004 Sprinter, which failed twice with it. First time the dealer said resistor goes, which is under warranty, and the second time happens around 90000 km, which just barely passed the warranty, and cost me a few hundred this time. This time the blower motor is gone. At just 90000 km! :frown:

Now, i hear some fan is turning especially turning up the speed, but no wind is coming out, has anyone experienced this? :professor:

And does that means our AC system has 2 fans? one for return duct for air input, and one for output? (and is malfunction if so)

Any input is appreciated, as I don't have any warrenty left I suppose at 96000 km... and 9 months of ownership.

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
I have noticed on mine, in very humid weather, if I drive around with the A/C on and the fan set on low, after an hour or so the air stops blowing because the A/C evaporator has frozen solid. Turning the A/C off and leaving the fan on melts the ice and the air flow usually comes back within 10 minutes at which time I can turn the A/C back on. Don't know if any of that relates to your specific experience.

I have noticed on mine, in very humid weather, if I drive around with the A/C on and the fan set on low, after an hour or so the air stops blowing because the A/C evaporator has frozen solid. Turning the A/C off and leaving the fan on melts the ice and the air flow usually comes back within 10 minutes at which time I can turn the A/C back on. Don't know if any of that relates to your specific experience.
Piper1,
Proper air flow over the evaporator coil is necessary in any A/C system to keep the coil from icing up. That said, you may have some problems developing. Your situation may just be a result of the fan being on low and high relative humidity, OR it could be related to low system charge, a dirty cabin air filter or a combination of those two and/or other problems.

It is not good over the long haul to run a system which is low on pressure or has other problems which ice up the coil. If you haven't had it checked out, it may be worthwhile to do so. FWIW. vic

derstar

It works again this morning :thumbup:

Piper1 was right one thing - it was very humid, at least for Canada, it was a cool day too. Make sense if the evaporator frozen, thus even the top 2 vents air flow are blocked. (natural outside air i think).

Will definitely check the cabin filters too, around 60000 miles now (100,000 km), maybe time a new one... especially us, deliver lots of fabrics for cloths.

Thanks guys! hope it won't happen again :cheers:

Top Bottom