Broken clips

shanemac

Engine cover clip for some hose was broken by the dealer some time ago and the hose has been rubbing, went through parts list found nothing. Help.

Also a few weeks ago when i was snaking my way around a local lumber yard i managed to get my side trim snagged and pulled off

There is a clip type piece and a rivet style clip

Clip i think is 68014795AA mb# A0009917798 the rivet one i think is 1AR96DX9AA mb # A20199002929051 not positive, help.

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Hi Shane,

I'm short on time right now.

I don't think you can buy the engine cover hose clip by itself. I think it's part of the engine cover.

I think you should engineer something yourself to keep the hose from rubbing against the cover.

The parts and illustration are attached.

If no one else posts the part numbers for the fender fascia, I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

-Jon

Attachments

I think you should engineer something yourself to keep the hose from rubbing against the cover.

-Jon
+1

The solution has already been engineered.

TieMounts.jpg

A self adhesive mount may also work. The style using the single screw will stay in place better over the long haul. Have fun. vic

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Shane,

I wasn't positive about the location of the damage.

At first I thought it was the driver side front, but the lack of a mud flap in the picture made me suspect that your damage is on the NAFTA passenger side, rear wheel/next to aft side of the slider, the front side of the rear wheel.

Is that correct?

Let me know if this PDF doesn't cover the damaged area.

-Jon

PS: I consistently scored the lowest on spacial relation tests, not just for my high school class, but in the history of the school district.

Attachments

Last edited:

shanemac

Yes that's right Jon it was the rear passenger side, the pdf shows the clips my best guess would be item 350 and 140 are the ones i need...i will try those numbers and go from there, thanks.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Yes that's right Jon it was the rear passenger side, the pdf shows the clips my best guess would be item 350 and 140 are the ones i need...i will try those numbers and go from there, thanks.
If you have a local MB dealership, they all should be able to order those parts now.

The commercial blockade between MB Canada/MB USA and Daimler-Sprinter parts seems to have evaporated.

While not every MB dealership can sell and service Sprinters, I think every MB dealership can order off the Sprinter parts menu. Call to confirm.

If I'm right, the best part is that you can have 'em order all the parts, pay for what you want and decline to purchase the ones you don't need.

-Jon

PS: ok, so Fort McMurray doesn't have an MB dealership, but the info might help an intrepid reader looking for part. :)

PPS: You might want to walk up the street a few houses, knock on Santa's door. If he's not home, just leave a note, explaining that you've been a very good boy and deserve the most profitable MB dealership of your own..... or at least one financially buoyant in the neighborhood. I hear cookies go a long way with him.

Last edited:

shanemac

PPS: You might want to walk up the street a few houses, knock on Santa's door. If he's not home, just leave a note, explaining that you've been a very good boy and deserve the most profitable MB dealership of your own..... or at least one financially buoyant in the neighborhood. I hear cookies go a long way with him.
:lol:

shanemac

I suppose i could update this thread...the white plastic clip that holds the black trim is 68014795AA the black rivet one the dealer could not find a number but found a regular fender rivet 1/8" size if i remember fit fine sorry no part number parts guy just gave one to me so i didn't press for a number.

The engine cover he could not find a clip he suspects i have to order complete engine cover. When i have time i will press harder with this one.

Top Bottom